Posted by Neid on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 8:19pm.
Mack rolls a 15-sided cube 45 times, what would you predict the probability to be of Mack's rolling a number less than 5?
- Math - Damon, Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 8:29pm
The concept of a 15 sided cube startles me.
Did you make this question up yourself?
- Math - Neid, Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 8:38pm
No, it's a question on a 7th grade Skills Review
- To Damon - Steve, Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 8:39pm
You are right; there's no way a 15-sided die could be fair. Even if the area of each face is the same, the angles cannot all be equal, since there is no regular 15-hedron.
- Math - Damon, Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 8:52pm
Perhaps they want us to assume it is possible.
4 out of the 15 sides are less than 5
about 4/15 in each roll
so in each roll the probability of NOT getting less than 5 is 11/15
so the probability of NEVER getting less than 5 is (11/15)^45
so our answer is
1 - (11/15)^45
which is about
1 - 8.7^-7
which is so close to one that you can count on it :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - Mack is 3 times as old as Justin. In 3 years, Mack's age will be 5 ...
- Math - 1. What is the probability of rolling a number less than or equal to 6 ...
- algebra - cube labeled 1 to 6 rolls 450 times. predict rolling less than 3
- MATH PLEASE HELP - A single, standard number cube is tossed. What is the ...
- Math 221 Week3 - A probability experiment consists of rolling a 6 sided die. ...
- Advanced algebra - In which distributions does the variable, X, have a binomial ...
- Advanced algebra - In which distributions does the variable, X, have a binomial...
- algebra - In which distributions does the variable, X, have a binomial ...
- english - Which is the correct pronunciation of machines? a. MACK-ines b. mack-...
- Math help - You roll a standard, six sided number cube. what is the probability ...