Posted by Elena on Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 8:11pm.
Hector has $450 and saves 20 per week. Tim has $1200and spends $30 per week.write a system equation for this situation
Math - Steve, Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 8:25pm
what situation? How much each has in savings? How much is left over after saving? How much more one has than the other at some time? when their savings are equal?
If you want some help, you need to present a question.
Math - Damon, Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 8:26pm
Hector cash = 450 + 20 t
Tim cash = 1200 - 30 t
Are you interested in how many weeks until they are equal?
1200 - 30 t = 450 + 20 t
50 t = 1200-450
t = 15 weeks
Math - Elena, Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 8:30pm
To Steve: I just copy that from my child's textbook as it is. Thank you for your great advice, I'll forward it to his math teacher.
Math - Elena, Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 8:36pm
To Damon: thank you so much for your help :))))))
Math - Cindy, Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 8:44pm
At Bobs diner, it costs $8.00 to purchase two hamburgers and one order of fries. The "family pack" costs 30.00 and comes with six hamburgers and six orders of fries. If the prices are constant,how much does one hamburger cost? Use system of equations to solve.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math/algebra - Can I get help in solving these problems using the linear system ...
- Math - The chart shows the number of cars sold per week at a car dealership ...
- Math - Earn al least $150 a week. $10 per hour working for a farmer. $5 per hour...
- MATH - Tasha earns $400 per week plus a commission of 10% on her weekly sales. ...
- Algebr - Each week you must do a minimum of 18 hours of homework. Participation ...
- Math - Set up an equation that can be used to solve the problem. Solve the ...
- math - Simon owns a small car wash and detailing center. He charges $12 per wash...
- math - jeremy spends 1/4 of his pocket money each week on books.he saves 2/3 of ...
- 11th grade math - Suppose you earn $7.21 per hour and plan to work "h" hours per...
- Algebra, word problem - A small firm produces both AM and AM/FM car radios. The ...