Posted by jazz on Saturday, April 26, 2014 at 1:17pm.
I need someone to check my answers to make sure that I have the correct answers. (3 Part Question)
Two students each measure the density of a quartz sample three times:
Student A Student B
3.20 g/mL 2.82 g/mL
2.58 g/mL 2.48 g/mL
2.10 g/mL 2.59 g/mL
mean 2.63 g/mL 2.63 g/mL
1. which student measured density with the greatest precision? explain your answer.
I think that student B, because their measurement where closest to each other.
2. which student measured density with the greatest accuracy? explain your answer.
I think it was student B as well, because their measurement was closest to the correct value.
3. Are the errors for these students random or systematic? Explain
I think that both students errors were random because each of these measurements were either higher or lower than the accepted value.
Please let me know if I am correct in my thinking.
thanking you in advance
chemistry URGENT - DrBob222, Saturday, April 26, 2014 at 2:22pm
I think you are right with #1. I can't answer 2 and 3 because I don't know the correct value.
chemistry URGENT - DrBob222, Saturday, April 26, 2014 at 2:46pm
Both student A and student B get a 100 for accuracy. If the correct value is 2.63 and both obtained 2.63 then both are about as accurate as you can get.
I would suggest that errors for both are random but I don't think you can tell that from the data. I think random errors are more likely to be "smaller" error but who is defining exactly what "smaller" means.
chemistry URGENT - Anonymous, Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 9:55pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - Three part question Two students each measured the density of a ...
- statistics - A student is taking a multiple choice test where each question have...
- statistics - 10. A student is taking a multiple choice test where each question ...
- math - A student takes a multiple choice quiz with 12 questions and 5 ...
- Math - 10 multiple choice questions each with three possible answers only one of...
- Check answers please Statistics - Suppose that each student in stat. has a 9% ...
- Intro to Computer Programming - Pseudocode - This assignment (below) jumped way ...
- Statistic - A quiz consists of 10 multiple-choice questions. Each question has 5...
- Science (Chemistry) (Measurement Uncertainty) - Three students are asked to ...
- Chemistry - The density of copper is listed as 8.94 g/cm to the third. Two ...