Posted by Nicole on Thursday, April 24, 2014 at 12:33pm.
Can somebody please check my answers? Thank you :)
1. Which is a key factor that affects the climate of mountainous Latin America?
b. El Niño
c. elevation **
d. sea breezes
2. Which statement best describes the economies of Central America?
a. Central America's economy is dependent on the fishing industry.
b. Central America depends on oil as its major export. **
c. Central America is known for coffee, sugarcane, and cacao trees.
d. Most countries in Central America depend on chicle.
3. Which is common to both the Mayan and Aztec civilizations?
a. They both speak Nahuatl.
b. Their civilizations peaked at the same time.
c. They both lived in Middle America. **
d. They both defeated Spanish invaders.
4. Which of the following is true of the religion of the Incas?
a. The Incas believed there was only one god.
b. The Incas worshipped many gods. **
c. Incas believed spirits lived only in the temple of the sun.
d. Incas believed that they should honor people, not gods.
5. What did the Line of Demarcation show?
a. The land of the Mayas and Aztecs.
b. Where water from rivers flow into the Atlantic or Pacific Ocean.
c. Where Portugal and Spain could settle and trade.
d. Where Central America ends and South America begins. **
6. The most unusual thing about how Brazil gained independence was that
a. It was done without fighting. **
b. It took less than a year.
c. Three armies attacked land borders.
d. It was the first time that horses and cannons were used in war.
7. One major economic problem facing most Latin American countries is that
a. The majority of people are poor.
b. The countries were ruled by caudillos. **
c. The haciendas cannot grow enough food.
d. They cannot trade with other countries.
8. Which of the following statements about the ancestry of most of the people of Central America is most accurate?
a. People of Central America are of African ancestry.
b. People of Central America are of mestizo ancestry.
c. People of Central America are of Spanish ancestry.
d. People of Central America are of diverse ancestry. **
9. The two main cultures of the island of Hispaniola (Dominican Republic and Haiti) are
a. mestizo and African. **
b. Arawak and Ciboney.
c. Dutch and English.
d. Chinese and Middle Eastern.
10. Andean countries in South America include
a. Ecuador and Bolivia.
b. Brazil and Guyana.
c. Uruguay and Venezula. **
d. Paraguay and French Guiana.
- Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Thursday, April 24, 2014 at 12:37pm
2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 are wrong.
- Social Studies - Nicole, Wednesday, May 7, 2014 at 1:23pm
what are the real answer then Ms.Sue
- Social Studies - vanessa, Friday, May 9, 2014 at 10:40am
2. Central America is known for coffee, sugar cane, and cacao trees.
3. They both lived in Middle America.
4. The Incas worshipped many gods.
5. Where Portugal and Spain could settle and trade
6. I don’t know that…sorry.
7. The majority of people are poor
8. People in Central America are of diverse ancestry ( Mestizo may be correct too…these choices are dumb).
9. Mestizo and African (European and Africa would be more correct).
10. Ecuador and Bolivia. All those countries would be correct, actually, except brazil.
Answer this Question
social studies - Latin America Unit 3 Test 1.Which is a key factor that affects...
Geography - How do El Nino and La Nina affect climate? My answer: El Nino ...
History PLEASE HELP!!! - 1. Which is a key factor that affects the climate of ...
Geography (Ms. Sue) - 1). Where are most of the high-land climate zones located...
7th Grade Social Studies - 1. Mexico's Central Plateau is an important region ...
Social Studies - 1. Rivers that flow into larger bodies of water are called ...
Geography (Ms. Sue) - What are two reasons for the variety of climate and ...
world history/social studies - The urban lower class, former rural workers, ...
social studies - what landform dominates much of Latin America , especially ...
history - please help me with this during the Cold War, a major goal of United ...