Language Arts - Grammar - please check answers
posted by Charlotte on .
1. Michelle Kwan has become an inspiration to us all.
2. Is Sara the runner in the blue T-shirt?
3. I could have been a contender.
4. The winner of the spelling bee was Tracy.
5. The next speaker will be Mr. Gonzales.
6. Who was the fourteenth president of the United States?
7. My favorite memory of the trip is our day at the Grand Canyon.
8. At the age of eighteen, my father became the first person in his family to go to college.
9. Were the stars of that movie Lauren Bacall and Humphrey Bogart?
10.The next contestant on the show is Mr. Hynes.
1. Linking verb: become; Predicate nominative: inspiration
2. Linking verb: in; Predicate nominative: runner
3. Linking verb: have been; Predicate Nominative: contender
4. Linking verb: of; Predicate Nominative: Tracy
5. Linking verb: will be; Predicate Nominative: Mr. Gonzales.
6. Linking verb: of; Predicate Nominative: United States
7. Linking verb: is; Predicate Nominative: Grand Canyon
8. Linking verb: became; Predicate nominative: ????
9. Linking verb: of; Predicate Nominative: Lauren Bacall and Humphrey Bogart
10. Linking verb: is; Predicate nominative: contestant
3. Verb: could have been
4, Of is a preposition, not a verb.
6. Wrong verb
7. Wrong PN
8. person is the PN
10. Wrong PN
Everything else is right.
is #4 'was'?
is #6 'was'?
is #7 'day'?
is #10 "Mr. Hynes'?
is #4 'was'? yes
is #6 'was'? yes
is #7 'day'? yes
is #10 "Mr. Hynes'? yes