Posted by Cassie on Monday, April 14, 2014 at 9:28am.
1. Imagine you are writing a research paper on social networking sites. Which of the following thesis statements would be the most effective?
A. Social networking sites have become incredibly popular in recent years and have millions of members. Many of these sites are now working on improving their privacy measures.
B. Social networking sites are popular online tools that help people connect on topics of interest. One of the challenges social networks are facing today is privacy protection.
C. Millions of people joined social networking sites to share pictures and videos with their friends. However, many people wish their private images and thoughts would be treated more securely.
I think it is C..?
2. Which of the following sentences presents and INCORRECT use of hyphens?
A. "When I'm Sixty-Four' is a famous song by The Beatles.
B. A thesis statement should be well-crafted and thought-over.
C. The trainer said that even dogs can have problems with their self-esteem.
I think it is B..?
3. Which of the following punctuation marks are used to set aside information that is loosely related to the meaning of the sentence?
I think it is C..?
- English - Writeacher, Monday, April 14, 2014 at 10:10am
1. I'm not sure. All would work, but C could be the most compelling.
- English - Nana, Tuesday, April 29, 2014 at 8:50am
1. is B
2. correct, B
3. correct, parentheses
Answer this Question
Elec. and Comm. Eng'g - This is my outline to my research paper. (Topic): The ...
ethics - if you have a certain amount of work to do each day, and you can ...
ethics question 2 - if you have a certain amount of work to do each day, and you...
English 102(writing in the discipline) - Telecommunication is the transmission ...
English 102(writing in the discipline) - I have a problem bout my subtopic of my...
English - to JJ - If my thesis is Social networking is a powerfull force in ...
English - I have a problem bout my subtopic of my research paper. This is my ...
English - Thesis statement: Networking is the most effective way in making your ...
ethics - Why do you think employers don't want you to use social networking ...
English - need help with thesis and topic sentences. Is this a good thesis? ...