Posted by thomas on Sunday, April 13, 2014 at 5:09pm.
The number of washers 3/32 inch thick that can be cut from a piece of stock 25 1/2 inches long, allowing 1/16 inch for waste for each cut is
please answer and explain
math - Nicola, Sunday, April 13, 2014 at 5:29pm
For one washer you must include the waste and the width so..
(3/32)+(1/16)=5/32 or 0.15625
You have 25.5 inches of pipe so how many washers can be taken from it..
Rounding to the lower number as it will only make .2 of the 164th washer means b is the answer
math - Damon, Sunday, April 13, 2014 at 5:33pm
number of cuts = (n-1)
amount wasted = 1/16 * (n-1)
amount total = (3/32) n + (1/16) n - 1/16
25 16/32 = 5 n/32 -2/32
816/32 +2/32 = 5 n/32
818 = 5 n
n = 163.6 so 163
math - Ur mum, Thursday, August 18, 2016 at 8:12pm
In da pusayysysy
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - The number of washers 3/32 inch thick that can be cut from a piece of ...
- math - The number of washers 3/32 inch thick that can be cut from a piece of ...
- Math - What is the GREATEST number of pictures each 2.5-inches by 3.5-inches, ...
- math - How many 2/9 inch pieces can be cut from a piece of yarn that is 6 inches...
- math - how many 1/3 inch ribbons can be cut from a piece of ribbon that is 4 and...
- Math - If you cut 4 inch by 6 inch rectangular piece of glass from a 2 feet by 4...
- Math - A cable is 32 feet 10 1/2 inches long is to be cut into 8 1/2 inches ...
- algebra - I have a piece of cardboard that is twice as long as it is wide .I f I...
- algebra - A manufacturer of birds feeder cut spacers from a tube that is 7 1/5 ...
- college algebra - a cub measures n inches on each edge. If a slice 1 inch thick ...