Posted by thomas on Sunday, April 13, 2014 at 5:09pm.
The number of washers 3/32 inch thick that can be cut from a piece of stock 25 1/2 inches long, allowing 1/16 inch for waste for each cut is
please answer and explain
- math - Nicola, Sunday, April 13, 2014 at 5:29pm
For one washer you must include the waste and the width so..
(3/32)+(1/16)=5/32 or 0.15625
You have 25.5 inches of pipe so how many washers can be taken from it..
Rounding to the lower number as it will only make .2 of the 164th washer means b is the answer
- math - Damon, Sunday, April 13, 2014 at 5:33pm
number of cuts = (n-1)
amount wasted = 1/16 * (n-1)
amount total = (3/32) n + (1/16) n - 1/16
25 16/32 = 5 n/32 -2/32
816/32 +2/32 = 5 n/32
818 = 5 n
n = 163.6 so 163
Answer this Question
- math - The number of washers 3/32 inch thick that can be cut from a piece of ...
- math - how many 1/3 inch ribbons can be cut from a piece of ribbon that is 4 and...
- Math - If you cut 4 inch by 6 inch rectangular piece of glass from a 2 feet by 4...
- algebra - I have a piece of cardboard that is twice as long as it is wide .I f I...
- algebra - A manufacturer of birds feeder cut spacers from a tube that is 7 1/5 ...
- college algebra - a cub measures n inches on each edge. If a slice 1 inch thick ...
- Math - How many 2 inch by 3 inch tickets can be cut from 2 feet by 3 feet piece ...
- math - a rope was cut in 7 equal pieces of 1/2 a piece measures 3 inch. how many...
- Math - how many pieces of wood measuring 12-inch by 13-inch can be cut from 48-...
- Math - Jack needs a piece of wood at least 13/16 inch long for some detail work ...