Posted by Rebecca on Friday, April 11, 2014 at 5:14pm.
1. In 1789, the National Assembly revoked the privileges of the aristocracy. This occurred in reaction to
A. a peasant uprising.
B. Louis XVI's withdrawal of troops from Paris.
C. discontent among the poor people of Paris.
D. the storming of the Bastille
2. What was distinctive about the American Declaration of Independence?
A. It extended traditional English rights to all mankind.
B. It extended sovereignty specifically to Native Americans.
C. It extended traditional English rights to all the American colonists.
D. It extended sovereignty to a distinct specified territory.
3. The idea that individuals were members of economically determined social classes with conflicting
A. a new order.
B. a new paradigm.
C. the demise of class consciousness.
D. the advent of economic inequality.
4. The Combination Acts of 1799 were aimed specifically at
A. outlawing unions and strikes.
B. obstructing initiatives proposed by Robert Owen.
C. creating a single large union.
D. regulating artisan crafts.
5. In 1557, the third Dalai Lama accepted an invitation to visit with Mongolia's Altan Khan. As a result of
A. Tibetan monasteries were moved to Mongolia.
B. Tibetan monasteries became Mongol castles.
C. the Mongols accepted Buddhism but continued the practice of blood sacrifice.
D. Tibetan Buddhism became the official religion of the Mongols.
6. During the great expansion of global trade in the nineteenth century, the conquest of distance was
associated with all of the following, except
B. the Panama Canal.
7. During the Industrial Revolution, in all countries, the impact of the railroads
A. increased the demand for unskilled labor.
B. caused domestic labor to be replaced with overseas slave labor.
C. caused domestic markets to be replaced by export markets.
D. decreased the demand for unskilled labor.
8. Under the Tokugawa peace, daimyo
A. social status increased.
B. were prohibited from coining money.
C. were heavily engaged in foreign trade.
D. castle building was encouraged.
9. The desire for modernization in Russia in the mid-nineteenth century was initially sparked by
A. strikes and peasant uprisings.
B. the Crimean War.
C. the assassination of Alexander II.
D. defeats administered by Japan.
10. Following the Red Turban rebellion of 1351, Zhu Yuanzhang
A. established a base at Beijing.
B. joined the rebellion.
C. ascended to power by crushing the rebellion.
D. increased taxes on the poor.
11. Regarding the Napoleonic Code, which of the following statements is false?
A. It was intended as a measure of reassurance for the aristocracy.
B. It was intended as a bargain with the French middle class.
C. It assured the absolute security of wealth and private property.
D. It assured the political equality of all adult males.
12. Under the Tokugawa shoguns,
A. the capital city was moved to Kyoto.
B. kabuki theatre was banned.
C. civil war was eliminated by controlling the military.
D. samurai power increased as daimyo power decreased.
13. Among the factors that brought about European colonialism, which of the following supported concepts
of racial superiority?
A. The machine gun
B. Social Darwinism
C. The introduction of the steam engine and the telegraph
D. Economic and trade opportunities
14. For the masses, which of the following statements about the significant consequences of the rise of
science is false?
A. The methods of science gained great prestige and were seen as the only reliable path to verifiable truth.
B. As science progressively influenced popular thought, people came to view natural processes as determined by physical laws,
not divine intervention or human will.
C. Faith in science completely displaced the importance of religion in most people's lives.
D. Daily life experience and exposure to media impressed people with the importance of science.
15. The German Reichstag did all the following after Bismarck's resignation in 1890, except
A. pass laws that legalized socialist political activity.
B. establish the world's first social security system.
C. yield central power to Kaiser William II.
D. pass laws to aid workers.
16. In the eighteenth century, the concept of liberty was, above all, a demand for
A. national sovereignty.
B. universal suffrage.
C. individual human rights.
D. economic equality.
17. During the international struggle over Saint Dominique, Toussaint L'Ouverture was made a _______
18. Under Muhammad Ali and his grandson Ismail, the economic underpinning of modernization in Egypt
A. controlling the Suez Canal.
B. the production of manufactured goods.
C. exporting cotton.
D. emulating European bureaucracy.
19. The Mines Act of 1842 had the effect of
A. prohibiting underground work for women and girls.End of exam
B. introducing steam-driven pumps in the mines.
C. ending child labor in coal mines.
D. weakening the concept of separate spheres based on gender.
20. After the defeat of Austria by Prussia in 1866,
A. Franz Joseph gave up in trying the "Germanize" the empire.
B. The Magyars became an oppressed minority in Hungary.
C. Conflicting nationalist interests were finally settled.
D. Franz Joseph was forced to establish a dual monarchy.
- World Civilization - Ms. Sue, Friday, April 11, 2014 at 6:08pm
I've checked the first 9.
1, 7, 8, and 9 are correct. The others are wrong.
I'll be back a little later to check the rest of your answers.
- World Civilization - Ms. Sue, Friday, April 11, 2014 at 6:32pm
10. D - I don't know
11. B - wrong
12. B - I don't know
13. C - wrong
14. A - wrong
15. D - I don't know
16. B - wrong
17. B - I don't know
18. C - I don't know
19. D - wrong
20. C - I don't know
Well -- this was a waste of your time and my time!
- World Civilization - Minerva Nall, Monday, October 27, 2014 at 1:29pm
The answer to question number 5 is D its in the book
Answer this Question
- world history - which came first? a)formation of the french national assembly b)...
- To Ms. Sue - THE FRENCH REVOLUTION Before the French Revolution France had a ...
- world history - which came first? a)formation of the french assembly b)execution...
- Socials - French Revolution Before the French Revolution France had a system of...
- World history - Why is joan Arc remembered? A. She led a peasant uprising that ...
- Socials - I have to summarize what "The March of the Women" was about, from this...
- World history; Check:P - How did Louis XVI’s weak leadership contribute to the ...
- History (essay) help - My Essay Assningment Changes to the government in France ...
- history - What liberal principles were asserted when the Declaration of the ...
- WorldHistory - How did Louis XVI’s weak leadership contribute to the growing ...