posted by Rebecca on .
1. In 1964, a loose union of Palestine refugees led to the formation of the Palestine Liberation Organization
(PLO) under Yasir Arafat. What was the aim of the PLO?
A. Driving Israel from East Jerusalem
B. Establishing a Pan-Arab League
C. Evicting Israel from Palestine
D. Establishing Palestinian self-rule in their original homeland
2. After Indonesia was declared independent in 1949, the first leader of that nation was
A. Susilo Yudhoyono.
B. a multi-ethnic congress.
3. Since the stunning 2002 electoral victory of the Justice and Development Party (AKP), the people of
Turkey have been concerned that the AKP
A. will challenge Turkey's strict separation of church and state.
B. will attempt to spread Turkish culture across the Middle East.
C. will restore Ottoman-style authoritarianism.
D. will embrace radical socialism.
4. In 1963, the United States, Britain, and the Soviet Union signed an agreement
A. banning nuclear proliferation.
B. banning nuclear tests in the atmosphere.
C. to reduce nuclear weapons stockpiles.
D. to ban nuclear testing.
5. In the 1980s, as colonies gained independence, instances of terrorism
B. increased slightly.
C. remained about the same.
D. increased dramatically.
6. In Latin America, economic nationalism has been most successful in
A. Chile and Argentina.
B. Mexico and Central America.
C. Argentina and Brazil.
D. Mexico and Brazil.
7. Indira Gandhi was soundly defeated in the Indian election of 1977. What was the most likely cause of
A. Her appeasement of Sikh nationalists
B. Her efforts to deal with tax evaders
C. A massive sterilization campaign
D. Driving corrupt officials from government
8. According to your textbook, which of the following has had the greatest impact on human
B. Social media
C. The Internet
D. Cell phones
9. As Western European recovery accelerated into the 1960s, guest workers were typically recruited from
all of the following, except
A. southern Italy.
C. North Africa.
10. Which of the Asian "economic tigers" became a Special Administrative Region in China?
A. South Korea
C. Hong Kong
11. In French-speaking Africa, which state adopted radical Marxism?
B. Ivory Coast
12. Demographic factors that contributed to the rise of the counterculture included all of the following,
A. postwar prosperity meant that young people had significant purchasing power.
B. the use of LSD and other psychedelics led to widespread impulsive behavior.C. the postwar baby boom meant that young people made up a large portion of the population.
D. mass communications and youth travel spread the counterculture over North America and Europe.
13. After the death of Stalin in 1953, Nikita Khrushchev initiated a program of de-Stalinization. A foreign
policy ramification of that program proposed an atmosphere of _______ with the West.
A. peaceful coexistence
C. positive relations
D. stabile relations
14. The Truman Doctrine was characterized by the concept of
C. universal sovereignty.
15. Following the death of Mao Zedong, Deng Xiaoping initiated a campaign for "Four Modernizations."
These included all the following, except
A. science and technology.
B. universal health care.
16. In Japan, under the sweeping authority of General Douglas MacArthur, all of the following reforms
were enacted, except
A. land reform assured MacArthur's support from Japan's peasants.
B. women were granted equality before the law.
C. antitrust laws were abolished.
D. the emperor was to remain a symbolic head of state.
17. Juan Perón was to Argentina as Augusto Pinochet was to
18. In the mid- to late-nineteenth century, John D. Rockefeller's Standard Oil held a global monopoly on
A. shale oil.
D. natural gas.
19. In South Africa, in 1960, police at Sharpsville fired on a group of protestors. Sixty-nine blacks were End of exam
killed. What happened next?
A. The African National Congress collapsed and was disbanded.
B. Nelson Mandela was immediately arrested.
C. The African National Congress was outlawed.
D. Nelson Mandela fled to London.
20. The main factor behind recent civil wars has been
A. economic nationalism.
D. ethnic rivalries.
Do you really think someone here will take this test for you?
1 - B
2 - D
3 - B
4 - C
5 - B
6 - C
7 - C
8 - A
9 - D
10 - C
11 - C
12 - B
13 - D
14 - D
15 - B
16 - C
17 - A
18 - A
19 - C
20 - A
Three of the first four answers are wrong.
Guessing will not help you pass this class.
Question # 17 is chile