Posted by Nicole M on Thursday, April 10, 2014 at 9:59am.
1. Which question would best help you write a report regarding the changes to the political system during Jackson's presidency? (1 point)
How did Andrew Jackson react to the results of the election of 1824?
When did Andrew Jackson decide to run for president?
Did Andrew Jackson believe the campaign of 1828 affected future campaign strategies?
Why did Andrew Jackson implement the spoils system?***
2. The only Native Americans who successfully stayed on their land were the (1 point)
3. What act did the United States government pass in order to be able to move Native Americans off their land into Indian Territory? (1 point)
Native American Act
Indian Removal Act***
4. The belief that the United States was set apart to extend its boundaries to the Pacific was called (1 point)
5. The first college in the United States to admit women and African Americans was (1 point)
Oberlin College of Ohio
6. Which state started a crisis for the Union in 1833 when it threatened to secede? (1 point)
7. What land was claimed by England, Spain, Russia, and the United States in the early 1800s? (1 point)
8. Manufacturers welcomed immigrants between 1840 and 1860 because (1 point)
Immigrants would work long hours for low pay***
Immigrants were experienced factory workers
Immigrants were Catholics
Immigrants planned to work and then return to their home countries.
9. Most industry was located in (1 point)
10. ". . . But now, after reiterated menaces, Mexico has passed the boundary of the United States, has invaded our territory and shed American blood upon the American soil. She has proclaimed that hostilities have commenced, and that the two nations are now at war. "As war exists, and, notwithstanding all our efforts to avoid it, exists by the act of Mexico herself, we are called upon by every consideration of duty and patriotism to vindicate with decision the honor, the rights, and the interests of our country. . . ." –President James K. Polk, message to Congress, May 11, 1846 Which "act of Mexico herself," referred to by President Polk in this passage, was the cause of war between the United States and Mexico? (1 point)
Mexico’s refusal to discuss the U.S. offer to buy California and New Mexico
Mexico’s massacre of the Alamo defenders
Mexican soldiers’ attack on General Zachary Taylor’s forces in a disputed border area***
Mexico’s refusal to honor the U.S. annexation of Texas
11. With what purchase did the United States reach its present size? (1 point)
12. "We want no manufactures; we desire no trading, no mechanical or manufacturing classes. As long as we have our rice, our sugar, our tobacco and our cotton, we can command wealth to purchase all we want." As stated by a Texas politician in this passage, some Southerners opposed industry there. Why? (1 point)
Southerners did not want to compete with the North
Southerners’ money could be invested more profitably in other ways***
Agriculture was already very profitable
The factories in England already supplied all the needs of the South
13. Who became the leader of education reform? (1 point)
Are my answers correct?? Thanks!
- Social Studies - Ms. Sue, Thursday, April 10, 2014 at 11:54am
I believe 5 and 12 are wrong. Please check your book.
The others are right.
- Social Studies - Mr. Galve, Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 8:31pm
- Social Studies - Anonymous, Tuesday, April 21, 2015 at 7:21pm
Were these anwsers correct?
- Social Studies - Nancy, Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 12:41pm
Mr. Galve are all of these answers correct? As for Nicole, I am not sure. So the problem is, we need to figure out what answers are correct. Ms. Sue, are you positive that 5 and 12 are incorrect? And for Mr. Galve, are they all correct?
- Social Studies - Nancy, Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 4:15pm
Actually, I just took the test, and the CORRECT answers are: (in order from 1 to 13)
Hope this helps people! :)
- Social Studies - Ninaa, Friday, January 29, 2016 at 11:26pm
Nancy is 100% correct thanks!!
- Social Studies - anonamous, Monday, February 29, 2016 at 4:14pm
Are these the connexus answers to
- Social Studies - from connexus, Tuesday, March 1, 2016 at 2:49pm
Yes they are....Even tho I don't cheat use this site to study it really helps....
- Social Studies - from connexus, Tuesday, March 1, 2016 at 2:52pm
By the way you must be in my class cuz our class was suppose to do this two days ago.....And you posted on 29...? Not suppose to cheat you know..... =)
- Social Studies - Anonymous, Wednesday, March 2, 2016 at 2:40am
Dont lie littla goodie goodie
- Social Studies - Iris, Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 1:05pm
Thank you Nancy! 100%!!
- Social Studies - xxGonerxx, Wednesday, March 23, 2016 at 2:09am
nancy is right ! 100%
- Social Studies - no one, Wednesday, March 30, 2016 at 5:22pm
thanks so much I was having a hard time with the test
- Social Studies - bunny64, Monday, April 4, 2016 at 6:01pm
Thank you people I was having a hard time with this test iv already spent over an 1 hour on it.
- Social Studies - STOP, Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 2:03pm
Stop answering these questions most of these posters are connections students cheating on tests!!!!!!!!!!
- Social Studies - Anon, Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 12:43pm
And who are you "STOP"? :-)@
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Social Studies - 1. Which question would best help you write a report regarding ...
- S.S - Which question would best help you write a report regarding the changes to...
- History - Which question would be the BEST help you write a report regarding the...
- amx - which question would best help you write a report regarding the changes to...
- soc. stud. --- check my work pls!!! - hi, can someone check my work asap!?? 1. ...
- Social Studies 8th grade m8 help me pls - why is the period 1824 to 1845 ...
- Social Studies--Check My Answers Please-- - 1. During the election of 1824, ...
- History - Hi can you guys check my answers? 1. During the election of 1824, ...
- ss --- 1 question pls help!!! Anonymous? - hi, i just posted a few questions but...
- Social Studies - 1. What were Andrew Jackson's hopes and dreams for the future? ...