Posted by Nicole M on Thursday, April 10, 2014 at 9:59am.
1. Which question would best help you write a report regarding the changes to the political system during Jackson's presidency? (1 point)
How did Andrew Jackson react to the results of the election of 1824?
When did Andrew Jackson decide to run for president?
Did Andrew Jackson believe the campaign of 1828 affected future campaign strategies?
Why did Andrew Jackson implement the spoils system?***
2. The only Native Americans who successfully stayed on their land were the (1 point)
3. What act did the United States government pass in order to be able to move Native Americans off their land into Indian Territory? (1 point)
Native American Act
Indian Removal Act***
4. The belief that the United States was set apart to extend its boundaries to the Pacific was called (1 point)
5. The first college in the United States to admit women and African Americans was (1 point)
Oberlin College of Ohio
6. Which state started a crisis for the Union in 1833 when it threatened to secede? (1 point)
7. What land was claimed by England, Spain, Russia, and the United States in the early 1800s? (1 point)
8. Manufacturers welcomed immigrants between 1840 and 1860 because (1 point)
Immigrants would work long hours for low pay***
Immigrants were experienced factory workers
Immigrants were Catholics
Immigrants planned to work and then return to their home countries.
9. Most industry was located in (1 point)
10. ". . . But now, after reiterated menaces, Mexico has passed the boundary of the United States, has invaded our territory and shed American blood upon the American soil. She has proclaimed that hostilities have commenced, and that the two nations are now at war. "As war exists, and, notwithstanding all our efforts to avoid it, exists by the act of Mexico herself, we are called upon by every consideration of duty and patriotism to vindicate with decision the honor, the rights, and the interests of our country. . . ." –President James K. Polk, message to Congress, May 11, 1846 Which "act of Mexico herself," referred to by President Polk in this passage, was the cause of war between the United States and Mexico? (1 point)
Mexico’s refusal to discuss the U.S. offer to buy California and New Mexico
Mexico’s massacre of the Alamo defenders
Mexican soldiers’ attack on General Zachary Taylor’s forces in a disputed border area***
Mexico’s refusal to honor the U.S. annexation of Texas
11. With what purchase did the United States reach its present size? (1 point)
12. "We want no manufactures; we desire no trading, no mechanical or manufacturing classes. As long as we have our rice, our sugar, our tobacco and our cotton, we can command wealth to purchase all we want." As stated by a Texas politician in this passage, some Southerners opposed industry there. Why? (1 point)
Southerners did not want to compete with the North
Southerners’ money could be invested more profitably in other ways***
Agriculture was already very profitable
The factories in England already supplied all the needs of the South
13. Who became the leader of education reform? (1 point)
Are my answers correct?? Thanks!
Answer this Question
soc. stud. --- check my work pls!!! - hi, can someone check my work asap!?? 1. ...
Social Studies--Check My Answers Please-- - 1. During the election of 1824, ...
ss --- 1 question pls help!!! Anonymous? - hi, i just posted a few questions but...
History - Why was Andrew Jackson considered a "common man" political wise, not ...
ss - During the election of 1824, which candidate won the popular vote and which...
USA PoliScience - The presidency has been a consistently activist office since ...
History - How was Andrew Jackson Effective on the US during his presidency ?
sosial studies - positive and negative things about Andrew Jackson's presidency
social stud. quiz --- check my answers!!! - hi, can someone check my answers ...
college HIST - The Age of Jackson is often seen as a turning point in American ...