Posted by Candi on Wednesday, April 9, 2014 at 10:10pm.
48x + 32y/32
I have 48x/32 & 32y/32 = 3x/2 + 2y/2 = 3x/2 + y
Am I working this correctly?
Also 25a + 5b + 15c/10
would I be correct to divide by 5?
- MATH Algebra - Reiny, Wednesday, April 9, 2014 at 10:22pm
You must use brackets to establish the correct order of operation.
According to your steps, the question was:
(48x + 32y)/32
= 48x/32 + 32y/32
= 3x/2 + y
you have the correct answer.
<Also 25a + 5b + 15c/10
would I be correct to divide by 5?>
yes, but again you will need brackets.
The way you typed it, only the 15c is divided by 10
(25a + 5b + 15c)/10
= 5(5a + b + 3c)/10
= (5a + b + 3c)/2
= 5a/2 + b/2 + 3c/2
either answer is correct.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - 2(0.5-3y) + y > (4y-0.2)8 I understand how to solve the problem, ...
- Algebra - Find the product: -6x(-8x^2+x+5) A)-14x^3-5x^2-x B)48x^3+x+5 C)48x^3-...
- algebra - (48x^6)/(48x^6/12x^2-12y^2)/(4x^5)/(3xy+3y^2)
- math, correction,plz - Can someone correct these for me..plz... Problem #1 ...
- algebra - Divide 48x^9-24x^3=40x 8x
- Algebra 2 - (2x^3-x^2-48x+15)/(x-5) Divide and find the quotient and remainder?
- alg2 check? - solve 3(8x-2)=46-2(12x+1) 24x-6=46-24x+2 24x-6=48-24x 48x-6=48 48x...
- algebra - Did I do this problem the correct way if so is there a shorter way to ...
- algebra - x3-48x-128=0 x3-12x+16=(x-2)2(x+4) Is this correct answer? Thanks for ...
- algebra 2 - factor x cubed-12y squared + 32y