Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, April 9, 2014 at 7:41pm.
The measure of an angle is 4 times the measure of its complement. What is the measure of the angle's supplement?
- Math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, April 9, 2014 at 7:43pm
5x = 90
x = ?
- Math - Anonymous, Wednesday, April 9, 2014 at 7:44pm
- Math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, April 9, 2014 at 7:48pm
18 is the complementary angle. Now find the supplementary angle.
18 + X = 180
- Math - Reiny, Wednesday, April 9, 2014 at 8:02pm
let the angle be x
then its complement is 90-x
x = 4(90-x)
x = 360 - 4x
5x = 360
x = 72
so the angle is 72°
and its supplement is 180-72 = 108°
our angle = 72
its complement = 18
is the angle 4 times its complement ?
is 72 = 4(18) ? yes
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math help - 1. Find the measure of <s. 63 153 68 148 2. If a and b ...
- Geometry - The measure of angle B, the supplement of angle A, is four times the ...
- geometry - find the measure of an anGle if five times the measure of its ...
- geometry - I need help with this question. "The measure of the supplement of an ...
- algrbra - Complimentary angles add up to 90Ί So translate the English into Math...
- Geometry - the measure of the supplement of an angle is 40 more than two times ...
- geometry - Twice the measure of the supplement of an angle is 39 degrees less ...
- geometry - The measure of the angles supplement is 50 degree more than five ...
- Algebra - In triangle ABC, the measure of angle B is 8 degrees more than three ...
- algebra 101 - If The sum of the measures of two complementary angles is 90° and ...