posted by Greg on .
Determine the proposal’s appropriateness and economic viability. For all scenarios, assume spending occurs on the first day of each year and benefits or savings occurs on the last day. Assume the discount rate or weighted average cost of capital is 10%. Ignore taxes and depreciation.
A company wants to build a new factory for increased capacity. Using the net present value (NPV) method of capital budgeting, determine the proposal’s appropriateness and economic viability with the following information:
• Building a new factory will increase capacity by 30%.
• The current capacity is $10 million of sales with a 5% profit margin.
• The factory costs $10 million to build.
• The new capacity will meet the company’s needs for 10 years.
• The factory is worth $14 million over 10 years