Posted by david on .
I want to make sure I am correct in classifying whether the following properties of hydrogen are chemical or physical. thanks
1. hydrogen will burN in in oxygen to form water. CHEMICAL
2. hydrogen does not support combustion. CHEMICAL
3.hydrogen is usually found combined with other elements. PHYSICAL
4. hydrogen is not very soluble in water. CHEMISTRY
5. hydrogen is a gas at normal temperatures and pressures. PHYSICAL
6. hydrogen has a atomic mass of 1.008 amu. PHYSICAL
1 is ok
2 is ok
3 is chemical. If it combines with other elements that makes it a chemical reaction just like burning it in oxygen.
4 is physical. It isn't combining with anything. H2 is still H2; it's just dissolved H2.
5 is ok.
6 is ok.