Posted by Brady on Tuesday, April 8, 2014 at 7:42pm.
Please help me by checking the following answers for me(There are 3 problems that I need someone to check).
3. A student is attempting to solve the equation below for the variable x. Which of the statements below best applies to the mathematical work shown?
Given √(4x-6)=12, I square both sides, so (√4x)^2-6=〖12〗^2, or 4x -6 = 144. I can then solve for x, yielding x = 37 1/2 as my final answer.
A. The student did not correctly square both sides of the equation. - (This is my second answer.)
B. The student did not properly isolate the variable after squaring both sides of the equation.
C. The student omitted a negative solution to the equation.
D. The mathematical work is correct. - (I know it is not this because I got it wrong.)
4. Solve for x.
A. No solution. - (This is my second answer.)
B. -5 - (I know it is not the answer because I got it wrong.)
9. The acceleration of an object can be described by the equation a= 2d/t^2, where a is acceleration, d is the distance, and t is time. If an object accelerates at a rate of 2 m/s^2 for 10 meters, what is the total time elapsed?
A. 1/10 seconds - (This is my second answer.)
B. √(1/10) seconds
C. √10 seconds
D. 10 seconds - (I know it is not answer because I got it wrong.)
Please check them to see if I am correct. Any help will really be appreciated! :)
- Math - Please Check My Answers - Dayton, Tuesday, April 8, 2014 at 8:45pm
For 3, I don't see anything wrong with the work unless the initial equation is supposed to be sqrt(4x)-6=12 in which case the squaring wasn't done correctly, but based off what I see there D IS correct. For 4, A is the correct answer. You cannot take the square root of a -ve number. For 5, the correct answer is C. you have 2(10)/t^2=2, which leads to 20=2t^2. Then, 10=t^2 which therefore leaves t=sqrt(10)
- Math - Please Check My Answers - Brady, Tuesday, April 8, 2014 at 8:50pm
Thank you, Dayton! :)
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Check My Answers, Please - Please help me by checking the following ...
- Math - Can someone please check my answers below for accurateness? The ...
- Math - Please Help Check My Answer - Please help me with the following question...
- English - Now, let's check how well you can use the expressions you've learned. ...
- Math, Can someone check my answers? - Can someone please check my answers? Tell ...
- English - Formative Test Now, let's check how well you can use the expressions ...
- Algebra II - Solve x^4 - 12x - 5 = 0 given that -1 + 2i is a root. I’ve used ...
- Chemistry(Please check) - 1) The Ka for acetic acid is 1.8e-5. What is the pH of...
- Earth Science - Please Check My Answer - Please help with the following: Dani ...
- Algebra - I have some problems that I am having trouble with and I have some ...