Posted by PleaseHelpThankYou! on Monday, March 31, 2014 at 10:45pm.
[HCl] = 0.1388 M
We placed 0.5 g Ca(OH)2 in 100 mL of the following solutions:
A 25 ml aliquot was used
Flask A: Distilled Water (7.4 mL of HCl needed to titrate)
Flask B: 0.05 M NaOH (7.5 mL of HCl needed to titrate)
Flask C: 0.025 M NaOH (10.8 mL of HCl needed to titrate)
Flask D: 0.0125 M NaOH (8.9 mL of HCl needed to titrate)
QUESTION is to calculate the following for each flask:
[OH-]eq from titration data
[OH-]0 from original solution
[OH-] from Ca(OH2)
[Ca2+]eq from Ca(OH)2
Ksp = [Ca2+]eq * [OH-]eq
I got moles HCl by volume (L) * concentration (0.1388M)
Is the [OH-]eq the same as the moles of HCl?
- Chemistry - Solubility - DrBob222, Monday, March 31, 2014 at 10:55pm
I must confess I don't understand this at all.
- Chemistry - Solubility - PleaseHelpThankYou!, Monday, March 31, 2014 at 11:06pm
0.5 g of Ca(OH)2 was placed in a flask. 100mL of 0.05M NaOH was poured into the flask. 25mL aliquot was filtrated and used for titration.
Suppose to calculate the OH^- equilibrium concentration from the titration data, as well as the OH^- from the original solution. Then calculate the OH^- from Ca(OH)2 and then calculate Ca^2+ from Ca(OH)2.
If I can get an example solution for the above I can calculate the rest/
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - Solubility - INFORMATION: [HCl] = 0.1388 M We placed 0.5 g Ca(OH)2 ...
- Chemistry Solubility help!!!!!!!!! - INFORMATION: [HCl] = 0.1388 M We placed 0.5...
- Chemistry HELPP!!!!!! - We did an experiment and I don't really know how to ...
- Chemistry Help Please!! - We did an experiment and I don't really know how to ...
- Chemistry - Solubility - Given: Concentration of HCl is 0.1388M 0.5 g of Ca(OH)2...
- chemistry - Let me repost the important information only: Purpose: The purpose ...
- chemistry - Using the equipment below, explain how to prepare a .00052 HCL ...
- chemistry - Purpose: The purpose of this experiment is to determine the Ksp for ...
- chemistry - 0.049M solution of NaOH was used to standerize a solution of HCl. 20...
- chemistry - Using a pipet, 25 mL of a 0.1205 M HCl solution was placed in a 100 ...