Posted by Cierra on Monday, March 31, 2014 at 2:32pm.
1. What effect did the Punic Wars have on small Roman farmers?
A. grains from conquered lands drove down grain prices.
B. grains from conquered lands drove up grain prices.
C. New strains of grain from conquered lands helped them thrive.
D. The lack of grain from conquered lands helped increase their business.
2. Which of the following was true of the role of the Consul in the Roman government?
A.The Consul could serve unlimited terms in office.
B.The Consul had to approve each other's decisions.
C. Consuls were named by the emperor.
D. The Consul became dictators in times of crisis.
3. The Roman Republic contributed which of the following ideas toward the development of democratic principles?
A. representative democracy
C. absolute power
D. direct democracy
4. Which of the following describes an effect of the development of the assemblies in the Roman Republic?
A. Power was less concentrated in the hands of wealthy nobles.
B. Power was more concentrated in the hands of wealthy nobles.
C. Power was less evenly distributed among the three branches of government.
D. Power was more evenly distributed among the three branches of government.
5. Which of the following describes the transition from Roman Republic to empire?
A. It was a rapid but peaceful transition.
B. It was a slow transition marked by violent internal conflict.
C. It was a slow but peaceful transition but occurred peacefully.
D. It was a rapid transition marked by violent internal conflict.
6. The conquest of areas in Egypt and the Middle East increased the flow of which product into Rome?
B. olive oil
7. The Ancient Roman economy did not make use of
D. paper money.
Use the map to answer the following question:
8. According to this map, which statement is true about the spread of early Christianity?
A. Christianity spread within the borders of the Roman Empire.
B. Christianity spread within the borders of Italy.
C. Christianity spread around the Atlantic Ocean.
D. Christianity spread throughout Africa.
9. Which of the following did both male and female children in Rome typically do?
A. receive education from their mothers
B. help with household chores
C. train as soldiers
D. learn to read and write
10. Which of the following represents an activity Romans focused on during the Roman Republic versus an activity they were most likely to focus on during Imperial Rome?
A. sculpting in the Roman Republic; farming in Imperial Rome
B. shipbuilding in the Roman Republic; farming in Imperial Rome
C. farming in the Roman Republic; sailing in Imperial Rome
D. shipbuilding in the Roman Republic; sculpting in Imperial Rome
11. The Roman Empire was able to expand through
12. Why is Constantine important to Christianity?
A. He ended gladiatorial contests where many Christians were killed.
B. He granted freedom of religion in the Roman Empire.
C. He introduced Christianity to the Roman Empire.
D. He tried to return the Roman Empire to pagan beliefs.
13. Which factor was a challenge to the expansion and control of Roman territory?
A. its location on the Mediterranean Sea
B. its available local resources
C. its lack of military leadership
D. its location near Celtic and Germanic tribes
14. Which describes the period after the Pax Romana?
A.violence and instability
B. peace and harmony
C. lower taxation and increased
D. higher taxation and increased stability
15. Which of the following accurately describes Antoninus Pius as emperor in ancient Rome?
A. He was an unpopular leader who often engaged in wars.
B. He was a popular leader who kept the peace.
C.He was leader with many new, groundbreaking ideas.
D.He was a leader who encouraged a return to paganism.
16. Read this quote from the Roman historian Livy:
"… in history you have … fine things to take as models, base things, rotten through and through to avoid."
(circa 17 BC)
What does Livy mean by this statement?
A. History should not be studied.
B. History should not influence our beliefs.
C. History provides both examples and warnings.
D. History provides inspiration and guidance.
17. According to Christian beliefs, Peter is the
A. main apostle of Jesus.
B. betrayer of Jesus.
C. persecutor of Christians.
D. leading Christian scholar.
18. Which of the following did the rise of Christianity in Rome help promote?
B. religious tolerance
C. separation of Church and state
D. persecution of pagans
19. Who wrote The Aeneid, an epic poem about Rome's past?
20. How did Latin influence education in the West?
A. It caused the lower classes to abandon schools that taught it.
B. It was spread by early Islamic conquerors in their universities.
C. It was used by artists, musicians, and commoners to do business.
D. It was used by the Catholic Church, scientists, and doctors.
- What? - Writeacher, Monday, March 31, 2014 at 2:44pm
Please tell me you don't expect someone here to take this test (or do this homework) for you!!
However, if you post what YOU THINK, someone here will check it all for you.
- i need help with this 6th grade world history - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 31, 2014 at 2:45pm
What kind of help do you need? Please explain.
- i need help with this 6th grade world history - Cierra, Monday, March 31, 2014 at 2:59pm
i have to take a 50 question test and i only have 20 more to go
and theses one i don't get there really confusing
- i need help with this 6th grade world history - Cierra, Monday, March 31, 2014 at 3:00pm
I need help understanding
- i need help with this 6th grade world history - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 31, 2014 at 3:11pm
I have trouble believing that all of these are confusing to you.
What's confusing about 19?
After you've read your book a couple of times and Googled the few you can't find, I'll be glad to help you find answers to three or four of these questions.
- i need help with this 6th grade world history - Cierra, Monday, March 31, 2014 at 3:30pm
i don't understand because i not that good at world history that is the subject that i really need help with
- i need help with this 6th grade world history - Cierra, Monday, March 31, 2014 at 3:31pm
oh and i don't have a world's history book
- i need help with this 6th grade world history - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 31, 2014 at 3:41pm
Where does your school or teacher expect you to learn history and answer these questions????
- i need help with this 6th grade world history - Cierra, Monday, March 31, 2014 at 3:58pm
yes but i don't have a book so its more difficult
- i need help with this 6th grade world history - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 31, 2014 at 4:02pm
Why the dickens did your parents pay for a class and yet not get a book? It's incomprehensible -- especially at your age and your admitted troubles with history.
We will not give you the answers!!
- i need help with this 6th grade world history - Cierra, Monday, March 31, 2014 at 4:11pm
i not trying to get the answers im tying to understand better
- i need help with this 6th grade world history - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 31, 2014 at 4:37pm
Get a book! Many of these answers are found much easier in the accompanying text book than in websites.
Answer this Question
6th grade - what happened to Rome after the Punic Wars?
World History - How is it that the Roman Catholic Church was able to gain power ...
world civilization - Why did the Romans and the Carthaginians clash in the First...
world history - 18. Diocletian issued the Edict of Prices in an attempt to a. ...
hsitory - what caused the Punic Wars? how did the wars contribute to Rome's ...
world history - 7. In the development of the Roman Empire, the Romans treated ...
Math Application - World grain demand. Freeport McMoRan projects that in 2010 ...
Physics: energy - The spiral shaft in a grain auger raises grain from a farmers ...
History - Could someone please help me with this question? I need to list at ...
Social Studies - 6. How did the Dust Bowl affect farmers? A.) Crop prices rose ...