Posted by matt on Friday, March 28, 2014 at 12:38pm.
5.The origin of the words shut and out is Old English. During the 1800s, the two words were combined to take on the baseball meaning, a game in which one side does not score. What is the most likely meaning of the word shutout in the story The Shutout?
B.to keep from scoring
6.Which of the following places events in chronological order?
A.formation of Negro Leagues, invention of baseball, Civil War
B.invention of baseball, Civil War, formation of Negro Leagues
C.invention of baseball, formation of Negro Leagues, Civil War
Language Art (Please Check) - Writeacher, Friday, March 28, 2014 at 1:47pm
For #5, have you looked up "shutout"? If you had, you wouldn't still be guessing.
Language Art (Please Check) - William Thornes, Monday, April 7, 2014 at 9:43pm
Actually A is correct for 5.
As for 6, C is the correct answer. Baseball is quite an early sport.
Good Luck, Best regards,
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science(check answers) - 5.A 6.A 5.The origin of the words shut and out is Old ...
- Language Art (Please Check) - 1.C 2.A 3.C 4.C 5.D 6.D 7.B 1.She was rivaling the...
- English - There are 8 word cards on the blackboard. On one side there are ...
- Grammar and Composition - please check my answers: Write true if the statement ...
- english - we have to find out meaning of words, e.g. english word - sherbet, ...
- language art CHECK - Will somebody please check this for me and see if i used ...
- Children Development - Name and describe the 4 distinct elements of language. 1....
- Language - The word "slippery" almost feels slippery! This may have to do with ...
- riddles - what's the answer to this riddle. "There are 3 words in the English ...
- English - i need a palindrome for: old cats who are forgetful (2 words), a ...