Posted by Gabby on Monday, March 24, 2014 at 4:36pm.
2. The only Native Americans who successfully stayed on their land were the (1 point)
3. What act did the United States government pass in order to be able to move Native Americans off their land into Indian Territory? (1 point)
Native American Act
Indian Removal Act ***
4. The belief that the United States was set apart to extend its boundaries to the Pacific was called (1 point)
joint occupation. ***
5. The first college in the United States to admit women and African Americans was (1 point)
Oberlin College of Ohio.
6. Which state started a crisis for the Union in 1833 when it threatened to secede? (1 point)
South Carolina ***
7. What land was claimed by England, Spain, Russia, and the United States in the early 1800s? (1 point)
8. Manufacturers welcomed immigrants between 1840 and 1860 because (1 point)
immigrants would work long hours for low pay. ***
immigrants were experienced factory workers.
immigrants were Catholics.
immigrants planned to work and then return to their home countries.
9. Most industry was located in (1 point)
the North. ***
10. ". . . But now, after reiterated menaces, Mexico has passed the boundary of the United States, has invaded our territory and shed American blood upon the American soil. She has proclaimed that hostilities have commenced, and that the two nations are now at war. "As war exists, and, not withstanding all our efforts to avoid it, exists by the act of Mexico herself, we are called upon by every consideration of duty and patriotism to vindicate with decision the honor, the rights, and the interests of our country. . . ." –President James K. Polk, message to Congress, May 11, 1846 Which "act of Mexico herself," referred to by President Polk in this passage, was the cause of war between the United States and Mexico? (1 point)
Mexico’s refusal to discuss the U.S. offer to buy California and New Mexico
Mexico’s massacre of the Alamo defenders ***
Mexican soldiers’ attack on General Zachary Taylor’s forces in a disputed border area
Mexico’s refusal to honor the U.S. annexation of Texas 11.
With what purchase did the United States reach its present size? (1 point)
12. "We want no manufactures; we desire no trading, no mechanical or manufacturing classes. As long as we have our rice, our sugar, our tobacco and our cotton, we can command wealth to purchase all we want." As stated by a Texas politician in this passage, some Southerners opposed industry there. Why? (1 point)
Southerners did not want to compete with the North.
Southerners’ money could be invested more profitably in other ways. ***
Agriculture was already very profitable.
The factories in England already supplied all the needs of the South.
13. Who became the leader of education reform? (1 point)
Are these correct?
- Social Studies :) - Damon, Monday, March 24, 2014 at 4:55pm
Alamo was attack on Texas, not United States
- Social Studies :) - Damon, Monday, March 24, 2014 at 4:56pm
Hey, both Ms Sue and I responded.
- To Damon - Ms. Sue, Monday, March 24, 2014 at 4:56pm
My hyperactive mouse accidentally deleted your excellent response to this question. I'm sorry.
- Social Studies :) - Damon, Monday, March 24, 2014 at 4:57pm
- Social Studies :) - Damon, Monday, March 24, 2014 at 5:00pm
4. Manifest Destiny
5. Not Harvard. They joined the women at Rackliffe a few years ago.
10. Taylor at Rio Grande border. Alamo was attack on Texas, not US
11. Gadsden Purchase for railroad
- Social Studies :) - Gabby, Monday, March 24, 2014 at 5:01pm
So the rest are correct?
- Social Studies :) - Damon, Monday, March 24, 2014 at 5:03pm
as far as I know :)
- Social Studies :) - Gabby, Monday, March 24, 2014 at 5:05pm
Ok thx so much, it was a lot, srry to make you guys check so much, but I appreciate it :)
- Social Studies :) - Derek, Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 1:20pm
So number 10 was B? or d?
Answer this Question
- Social Studies - CCA User 2) The only native american's who successfully stayed...
- Social Studies - 1. Which question would best help you write a report regarding ...
- Social Studies--Check My Answers Please-- - 1. What act did Congress pass in ...
- History - The Growing Nation Unit Test 1) Which question would best help you ...
- Social Studies - 2.)Why were Native Americans forced to leave their lands during...
- US History - What did the Supreme Court cases and the ultimate outcome for the ...
- US HISTORY - Explain the role of the federal government during the ...
- US History - Can somebody help with my son's study guide? Thank you! What did ...
- Social Studies - In the early years of our nation, many Americans referred to ...
- social stud. quiz --- check my answers!!! - hi, can someone check my answers ...