Posted by Felicia on Friday, March 21, 2014 at 12:57pm.
Why is the statement "The bill will be too harsh" an opinion?
a. it can be proved
b. it can be supported with evidence
c. it is someones belief **
d. it is true.
Which statement is an appeal to emotions?
a. The bill unfairly targets one group for unusually harsh punishment
b. the bill will make it difficult or even impossible for many students to hold part-time jobs and participate in after school activities. ***
c. there is no evidence that speeding or running a red light is a greater safety danger when the driver is under 18
d. lets enforce the laws that already exist
How do you know that "A letter to Senator Edwards" is an example of persuasive writing?
a. it contains very few opinions
b. it presents a person view on an issue ***
c. it presents both sides of an issue
d. it contains mostly factual information
Language Arts - Writeacher, Friday, March 21, 2014 at 1:00pm
I agree with your first and third answers, but I see more than one in the second set of answers that could be considered an appeal to emotions.
Language Arts - Anonymous, Friday, March 21, 2014 at 1:36pm
I'd say A for the second one.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- L.A help - Which statement is true about facts and opinions? Facts can be proved...
- geometry - Rafael wrote the statements shown in the chart. Statement 1 ...
- English - 6 Which of the following descriptions best conveys the author’s ...
- math - Lara wrote the statements shown in the chart. Statement One: If two ...
- geometry - Lara wrote the statements shown in the chart. Statement One: If two ...
- Mth 209 - Which of the following conclusions is true about the statement below? ...
- math - Which of the following conclusions is true about the statement below? x^2...
- Algebra II - In an induction proof of the statement 4+7+10+...+(3n-1)=n(3n+5)/2 ...
- ms.sue 3 grade english - fact and opionion a statement of fact can be proved ...
- science - A student makes the following statement: Chocolate- covered donuts are...