Posted by matt on Friday, March 21, 2014 at 12:15pm.
5. Which of the following types of pollution cannot be attributed to car and truck emissions?
A. acid rain
D. photochemical smog
6. Which of the following is a source of photochemical smog?
A. fossil fuels
B. wind energy
C. biomass fuels
D. nuclear energy
7. Which of the following is used to make biomass fuel?
B. natural gas
C. plants and animal waste
8. Which of the following energy sources is relatively expensive to set up, but has a low cost once it is in place?
A. natural gas
C. nuclear power
D. solar power
9. In which of the following places is it more difficult to determine if there is pollution?
11. Solar, wind, nuclear, and hydroelectric energy sources are similar in which of the following ways?
A. They are all nonrenewable energy sources.
B. They all require an indirect use of sunlight in order to make electricity.
C. They are all considered alternative energy sources.
D. They all require turbines to spin in order to create electricity.
13. How does using coal to generate electricity affect the environment? (1 point)
A. Using more coal reduces the amount of pollution from using oil.
B. Using coal improves the quality of nearby water.
C. Using coal, instead of wood from trees, helps improve the environment.
D. Using coal releases pollution into the atmosphere.
Answer this Question
physics - Initially a small car and a truck are at rest then the car starts ...
Science - 6th grade : CHECK MY ANSWER - Which of the following sets of terms is ...
science(please check answers) - 1.which of the following were found to destroy ...
Physics - A truck is stopped at a stoplight. When the light turns green, the ...
Physics - a car and a truck start from rest at the same instant with the car ...
Physics - Imagine a fender bender between a large truck and a small car. During ...
science - A truck is stopped at a stoplight. When the light turns green, the ...
Physics - b) If the car is moving much faster than the heavier truck when they ...
PHYSICS - What causes acid rain? Can you think of a way acid rain could be ...
physics - A truck is stopped at a stoplight. When the light turns green, it ...