Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 3:01pm.
5. Which of the following types of pollution cannot be attributed to car and truck emissions?
A. acid rain
D. photochemical smog
6. Which of the following is a source of photochemical smog?
A. fossil fuels
B. wind energy
C. biomass fuels
D. nuclear energy
7. Which of the following is used to make biomass fuel?
A. natural gas
B. plants and animal waste
8. Which of the following energy sources is relatively expensive to set up, but has a low cost once it is in place?
A. natural gas
C. nuclear power
D. solar power
9. In which of the following places is it more difficult to determine if there is pollution?
10. Cutting down certain trees while leaving other trees standing would best be described as
D. selective cutting
11. Solar, wind, nuclear, and hydroelectric energy sources are similar in which of the following ways?
A. They are all nonrenewable energy sources
B. They all require an indirect use of sunlight in order to make electricity
C. They are all considered alternative energy sources
D. They all require turbines to spin in order to create electricity
12. The following facts are true about Resource A:
Grows in nature and takes about five years to reach a mature size.
It can be replanted after it is cut down
Resource A is most likely a (n)
A. inexhaustible resource
B. nonrenewable resource
C. recycled material
D. renewable resource
13. How does using coal to generate electricity affect the environment? A. Using more coal reduces the amount of pollution from using oil
B. Using coal improves the quality of nearby water
C. Using coal, instead of wood from trees, helps improve the environment
D. Using coal releases pollution into the atmosphere
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Science Help!!!! - 1. Which of the following types of pollution cannotbe ...
- Science**updated asnwers** - 5.B 6.A 7.C 8.D 9.A 11.D 13.D 5. Which of the ...
- Science - 6th grade : CHECK MY ANSWER - Which of the following sets of terms is ...
- science(please check answers) - 1.which of the following were found to destroy ...
- Science Help!!!! - To solve the problem of a polluted stream a scientist traced ...
- Biology - What is the main cause of brown or photochemical smog? 1. emissions ...
- science - What is smog? What is the biggest source of smog today? I know smog ...
- Science Help!!!! - Which of the following is a source of photochemical smog. A. ...
- chemistry - Free radicals are also important in many environmentally significant...
- world geography - clear-cutting causes flooding and: _a.smog _b.acid rain _c....