Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 8:25pm.
math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 8:33pm
Subtract 6 from both sides.
math - Pride, Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 8:47pm
Ms. Sue is correct, but we could also take the additon sign and switch it to subtraction. If I had the numbers 14-7=7 I switch it to addition (the opposite) and say 7+7 is 14. That is basically what we are doing here. Lets take -9=6+a. Now -9-6=a. When adding, we need to take the number it is equal to and get the other (known) number and subtract it by that. Since we have one negative it is adding 9 and 6. That is 15. Just remember this chant. It is in the tune of sound off.
When you multiply or divide
just keep in mind this basic rule
same sign is positive
different sign is negative
then for adding and subtracting. You can take addings place and simply say subtracting.
When your adding intigers
Find the sum if the signs are the same
but if the signs are different
you need to find the difference.
^^^^ Same with subtracting.
math - Anonymous, Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 9:49pm
Thank you guys so much! Especially Pride! Thank u for putting so much time and effort on teaching us!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - I'm worried about my math. 1. Why don't you buy a math self- teaching ...
- Math...For All Math Tutors - I would like to know how many of the people ...
- math - all i can say is math stinx dont mess with math. without math, a lot of ...
- math - What is temperature when you do math. In seventh grade math is hard and I...
- math - I just do not understand how to figure this out. Find the number of ...
- LNU - math In a class of 50 students it was found 21 are taking English 14 are ...
- English Grammar - A: What time is your math/Math class? B: At eleven forty-five...
- Math - A fertilizer covers 5/8 square foot in 1/4 hour. i don't understand how ...
- Math - Is IB Math Studies the same as Pre-Calculus? I heard that IB Math Studies...
- 3rd grade Math - Actual question on homework."EXPLAIN HOW YOU CAN BREAK APART ...