Posted by Anonymous on Monday, March 17, 2014 at 11:26pm.
Can someone give their opinion about the beginning of my speech?
"A few short days ago, my mother and I left our house to journey to the local grocery store. While my mother veered onto the highway, I quickly glanced over at the side of the road, only for my attention to captured immediately. Where there had once been the side of one of the many grassy, tree-dotted hills was now nothing. There were no trees, no grass, only a deep trench where an expansion of the road would be built.
Hello, my name is Victoria Avila, and I wish to speak about deforestation and its impact upon the earth. "
- Environmental Concern Speech - Writeacher, Tuesday, March 18, 2014 at 7:19am
DON'T start any speech or paper's first draft by writing the introduction! How can you introduce something you haven't written yet?
Follow the writing process, whatever you're writing:
Prewriting: Brainstorm, research, plan, outline, thesis statement
Writing: Write first draft by starting with section II of your outline; write the introduction after the body of the paper is written; write the conclusion last.
Polishing: Revise, concentrating first on the body of the paper, then the intro, then the concl (revision = making sure ideas are logical and sequential and support your thesis); proofread (spelling, grammar, usage, etc.)
Do you have a thesis yet? Have you done your brainstorming (and maybe research) yet? Have you written an outline?
Click on Step by Step for the process. Click on Info Search for help with researching.
Check in the Essay & Research Paper Level.
Let us know.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Environmental Concern Speech - I am struggling to prepare a environmental ...
- Speech 09 - I had to interview someone in my class and write speech about them...
- Civics - Ms.Sue would you mind checking my answer? Question~How does the ...
- English - I am currently writing my "Journey" Speech, does anyone know a quote ...
- speech - Can you please help me out with a speech? I'm in 10th grade at High ...
- Speech - Hi I am needing help on how to do a power point on a persuasive speech ...
- English Journey Assessment Task - WHAT IS IT? Speech on the ways the concept of ...
- Speach - I wrote a speech for someone and wanted an opinion on the speech.
- English - Conductors” on the railroad were People who drove the trains People ...
- Public Speaking - Evaluating audience feedback to your speech presentation ...