Posted by Crewniverse on .
Can someone show me how to solve these questions.
A plane is is flying 240 mph heading N60°E. The wind is blowing S30°E at 30 mph.
6. What is ground speed of the plane?
The ground speed of the plane is 266.40.
7. What is the smallest angle in the triangle?
8. What is the biggest angle in the triangle?
9. What is the remaining angle in the triangle?
10. What is the bearing of the plane?
Did you make a diagram?
Did you not realize that the direction of the plane and the wind form a right angle ?
How did you get 266.4 for the groundspeed ?
(I got 241.86)
Just realized that I answered this same question back in 2011