Posted by snow on Friday, March 14, 2014 at 1:11pm.
A 5mile cab ride costs$7.20 a 9 mile cab ride costs $11.60 find a linear equation that models a relationship between cost c and distance d?
C =1.44 d +4.40
C=1.10 c +4.40
C=1.10 d +1.70
- algebra - Steve, Friday, March 14, 2014 at 1:17pm
If the formula is c=ad+b, then
5a + b = 7.20
9a + b = 11.60
Solve for a and b.
Or, note that as the distance increased by 4, the cost increased by 4.40
So, the slope is 1.1
That eliminates two of the choices right away. Now just see how much extra there is in each case when multiplying the distance by 1.1
- algebra - snow, Friday, March 14, 2014 at 3:36pm
Would the answers be c=1.10c+4.40
- algebra - Steve, Friday, March 14, 2014 at 4:19pm
1.1(5) = 5.5
5.5+1.7 = 7.2
c = 1.1d + 1.7
Did you even try your formula against the data?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- ALGEBRA - A 5-mile cab ride costs $9.30. A 11-mile cab ride costs $17.70. Find a...
- algebra 2 - A 2-mi cab ride costs $1.70. A 7-mi cab ride costs $3.70. Find a ...
- Math - A 3-mi cab ride costs $4.50. A 7-min cab ride costs $8.10. Find a linear ...
- algebra - A 3-mi cab ride costs $3.00. A 6-mi cab ride costs $4.80. Find a ...
- algebra 3-4 - a 3 mile cab ride cost $7.00. A 7 mile cab ride cost $11.50. Find ...
- Math - A 3-mile cab ride cost $3.00. A 6-mile cab ride cost $4.80. Find a linear...
- help - a 2-mi cab ride costs $4.25. a 7-mi cab ride costs $8.50. which equation ...
- Algebra - A 2 mile cab cost $5. A 6 mile cab costs $9. Write an equation to ...
- algerbra - A ride in a cab costs $0.40 plus $0.15 per mile. a.Write an equation ...
- Math - An average cab ride is 7.3 miles. The cost is $3 for the first mile and $...