Posted by kimmy on Sunday, March 9, 2014 at 7:48pm.
please,please help!im doing subtraction with renaming but don't understand.I have to estimate,then find the difference and write in simplest form.I just need help with two and may be able to do the rest on my own.6 and 1/3 minus 3 and 5/6 is the first one and 9 minus 3 and 7/8 is the second one?
math - bobpursley, Sunday, March 9, 2014 at 8:05pm
rename 6 1/3 to 5 4/3
now subtract 3 5/6
opps, rename first to 5 8/6, now subtract
2 3/6 or 2 1/2
math - kimmy, Sunday, March 9, 2014 at 8:10pm
Don't understand mr.bobpursley,someone please help me break this down
math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, March 9, 2014 at 8:13pm
5 8/6 - 3 5/6 = 2 3/6 = 2 1/2
math - kimmy, Sunday, March 9, 2014 at 8:27pm
first im sorry I wrote the problem wrong and the problem is 4 1/2 minus 3 5/6 and my second problem is 9 minus 3 7/8?i don't understand even with the problem they showed which is..6 1/3 minus 1 2/5,that ended up being 6 5/15 minus 1 6/15,they crossed out the first 6 and made it a 5 and the 5 that's over the 15 they crossed it out and put 20 over it,sounds confusing?
math - Ms. Sue, Sunday, March 9, 2014 at 8:49pm
This video may help you.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Help!!I need to understand how to estimate the sum or difference for ...
- math 6th grade - I need to write the percent as a fraction in the simplest form...
- math,correction - Problem #1 subtract. Express your answer in simplest form (3x...
- Math Please Help - Look at the given triangles. they both have a right angle. ...
- Math - Look at the given triangles. a. Write an expression in simplest form for ...
- Math - Post a New Question Current Questions Homework Help: Math (HELP PLEASE) ...
- math 5th grade - need to understand how to find the sum in simplest form of ...
- Math - I need help please A computer can execute 64 instructions per second. How...
- math/algebra - Subtract: express your answer in simplest form. 2/5 - y/y-2 ...
- math ! - 1)You roll a 6-sided number cube twice. Find P(3, then even). Write the...