Posted by McKenna Louise on Friday, February 28, 2014 at 9:41pm.
Prove the following:
1/(tanØ - secØ ) + 1/(tanØ + secØ) = -2tanØ
(1 - sinØ)/(1 + sinØ) = sec^2Ø - 2secØtanØ + tan^2Ø
- Trig - Reiny, Friday, February 28, 2014 at 10:06pm
That's a better job of typing it.
I did the first of these in your previous post..
LS = (1-sinØ)/(1+ sinØ)
= (1-sinØ)/(1+ sinØ) * (1-sinØ)/(1- sinØ)
= (1 - 2sinØ + sin^2 Ø)/(1 - sin^2 Ø)
= (1 - 2sinØ + sin^2 Ø)/cos^2 Ø
= 1/cos^2 Ø - 2sinØ/cos^2 Ø + sin^2 Ø/cos^2Ø
= sec^2 Ø - 2(sinØ/cosØ)*(1/cosØ) + tan^2 Ø
= sec^2 Ø - 2tanØ secØ + tan^2 Ø
- Trig - Steve, Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 6:09am
or, if you divide top and bottom by cosØ you have
now multiply top and bottom by (secØ-tanØ) and you have
(secØ-tanØ)^2 / (sec^2Ø-tan^2Ø)
= sec^2Ø - 2secØtanØ + tan^2Ø
- Trig - McKenna Louise, Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 8:46am
Thanks to the both of you :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 2 - As the answer to: (tanØ * cosØ/ sinØ) + cotØ * sinØ * tanØ* cscØ I ...
- alpha - Secø + tanø=x Then find the value of secø
- Mathematics-trigonometry - If sin theta=24 divide by 25 and theta is acute..make...
- Math - How can I prove this identity? (1 + sinØ + cosØ):(1 - sinØ + cosØ) = (1...
- trig - how do you solve this problem? 1+sinØ/cosØ +cosØ/1+sinØ = 2secØ and cos...
- math - Two sides of a triangle have lengths 8 m and 24 m. The angle between them...
- Physics - Prove that tanø is equal to U(k) when the block slides down the ...
- Math - Prove Trig. Identities 1. sec è (sec è - cos è)= tan^2 è 2. tan^2 è (1 + ...
- Integration - Intergrate ¡ì sec^3(x) dx could anybody please check this answer. ...
- Trigonometry desperate help, clueless girl here - 2. solve cos 2x-3sin x cos 2x...