Posted by Alexis on Friday, February 28, 2014 at 8:49pm.
Write Parametric equations of -3x+1/2y=2
- Pre-Calculus - Reiny, Friday, February 28, 2014 at 9:19pm
we know x =rcosŲ and y = rsinŲ
-3rcosŲ + (1/2)rsinŲ = 2
-6rcosŲ + rsinŲ = 2
r(sinŲ - 6cosŲ) = 2
r = 2/(sinŲ - 6cosŲ)
- Pre-Calculus - Steve, Saturday, March 1, 2014 at 6:20am
Reiny gave you good polar coordinates, but if all you want is parametric equations, try
x = t/3
y = 1 + t/2
x = -(2+t)/3
y = -2t
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Pre-Calculus - Write Parametric equations of -3x+1/2y=2
- Pre-Calculus - Write an equation in slope-intercept form of the line with the ...
- Pre-Calculus - 2. Write an equation in slope-intercept form of a line with the ...
- pre-calculus - eliminate parameters of x=1+cos t y=1-sin t graph the parametric ...
- Calculus - Find parametric equations for the tangent line to the curve with the ...
- calculus - (a) Modifying the parametric equations of a unit circle, find ...
- Pre-Calculus - Jake serves a volleyball with an initial velocity of 32 feet per ...
- Calculus - Write a scalar equation of each plane, given its parametric equations...
- Calculus - Write a vector equation AND parametric equations of the line through ...
- Pre-Calculus - Can someone please help me with this question? Show that x=a cos...