Posted by Tim on Friday, February 28, 2014 at 4:52pm.
I did some of them so can you help me with the rest.
Consider the piecewise functon f(x) =
square root of(4-x^2) (-2)<-x<-(2)
lim x->-2^- f(x)= ??????
lim x->-2^+ f(x)= 0
f(4) = 5
list the values of x for which f(x) is not continues= ???????
- Calc Help Please - Steve, Friday, February 28, 2014 at 5:04pm
from the left, the first definition shows the limit is -13/3
from the right, the second definition applies, and the limit = 0
Naturally, f is not continuous where 3x^2-15=0, or x = Ī√5
Also, at x = -2, since the limit does not equal the definition.
Also at x=2, since f(2)=0, but the limit on the right is 5.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- calc - need to find: lim as x -> 0 of 4(e^2x - 1) / (e^x -1) Try splitting ...
- math - i need some serious help with limits in pre-calc. here are a few ...
- Calc Please Help - Are these correct? lim x->0 (x)/(sqrt(x^2+4) - 2) I get 4/...
- Calc. Limits - Are these correct? lim x->0 (x)/(sqrt(x^2+4) - 2) I get 4/0...
- calc - Are these correct? lim x->0 (x)/(sqrt(x^2+4) - 2) I get 4/0= +/- ...
- Calculus - Find the following limits algebraically or explain why they donít ...
- math - I have to evaluate the limit of these problems and I can't figure them ...
- Calculus - Find the limit. lim 5-x/(x^2-25) x-->5 Here is the work I have so ...
- math calculus please help! - l = lim as x approaches 0 of x/(the square root of...
- Calc - lim 81-x/9-square root of x X->81