Posted by Anonymous on Friday, February 21, 2014 at 2:44pm.
1. Simplify 49^3/2.
My answer: 343?
2. Simplify 5^ãx^25y^125.
My answer: x^5y^25?
3. When the polynomial 5x - 2x + 8x^2 - 7 is written in standard form, what is the leading coefficient?
My answer: -2?
4. Classify the polynomial 5x^2 + 9x + 1 according to tis degree and number of terms.
My answer: Quadratic trinomial?
5. Genie has 100 feet of fence with which to make a rectangular cage for her rabbit. If she uses the wall of her house as one side, the area of the cage in square feet is given by the polynomial -2x^2 + 100w, where w is the width of the cage in feet. What is the area of the cage if the width is 15 feet?
My answer: 1,050 feet?
6. Add (5x^2 - 2x + 9) + (2x^2 - 4).
My answer: 7x^4 - 2x + 5?
7. Subtract (10a^2 - 6a) - (7a^2 - 8a).
My answer: 3a^2 - 14a?
8. Multiply (-5rs^4)(3r^5s^2).
My answer: -15r^6s^6?
9. (3x - 4)^2
My answer: 6x^2 - 24x + 8?
10. (2x + 4)(2x - 4)
My answer: 4x^2 - 8?
- Algebra 1 - Steve, Friday, February 21, 2014 at 4:16pm
#3 8 (x^2 is the highest power, so goes first)
Although since you have 5x-2x I suspect a typo. If you meant -2x^3, then your answer is ok.
#5 ok, if x is replaced by w
#7 no: -6-(-8) = +2
(3x-4)(3x-4) = 9x^2-24x+16
square the 1st and last values. You squared the power, but added the coefficients.
(3x)(3x) = 9x^2, not 6x^2
#10 same problem
(2x)^2 = 4x^2 because 2^2=4, not because 2+2=4
4^2 = 16, not 8
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 1 Answer Check - 1. Simplify 49^3/2. My answer: 343? 2. Simplify 5^ãx^...
- Algebra - 1) Simplify: (Y^4) (y^3) A:y^1 B:y^7 (my answer) C:y^12 D:y^43 2)...
- Please check answers) - Perform the indicated operations and simplify the result...
- Algebra - Write a polynomial of least degree with real coefficients and with the...
- Algebra - Can you please check my work? You have helped other students I know. ...
- Algebra (check my answers) - Please check these answers. Multiply -7(2a2 -4) = -...
- Maths;Check Answers Please :P - 1. Simplify. 5^–1(3^–2) My answer: 1/45 3. Write...
- 8th Grade Algebra: Answer Check - Find the length of the 3rd side of each right ...
- algebra - Factor completely with respect to the integers. I just need to see if ...
- math 12 - i know how to do the majority of these type of questions, but i don't ...