Posted by Like_A_Boss on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 at 12:59pm.
1. Which statement best explains why the Louisiana Purchase of 1803 was important to the development of the United States?
It created new taxes on imported goods.
It resulted in immigration from France to the United States.
It doubled the size of the country.
It encouraged Native Americans to settle more land in the West.
2. What was one event that helped make the United States a world power?
The country experienced the Great Depression.
The country fought in World War I.
The country signed the Peace of Paris.
The country fought in the French and Indian War.
3. What was one important political result of the Canadian constitution of 1982?
Quebec became an independent nation.
English became the official language of Canada.
Canada became completely independent.
A monarchy was established in Canada.
4. The United States and Canada have worked to solve environmental problems such as water pollution, soil erosion, and
tariffs on imported goods.
5. Why did English settlers come to America?
to find gold
to become fur traders
to start a new life
to become missionaries
6. How did the doctrine of Manifest Destiny in the United States affect the development of the country in the 1800s?
Many Americans moved westward across the continent to settle new territories.
Many Americans moved to European countries looking for work.
Americans encouraged Native Americans to move eastward across the country.
Americans wanted to develop the eastern coast of the United States.
7. How did the Industrial Revolution affect the poor in the late 1800s?
The city slums emptied.
The life of the poor did not improve.
Poverty was eliminated.
The life of the poor improved greatly.
8. Under the terms of the Treaty of Paris in 1763, which country gained complete control over Canada?
the United States
9. As a result of the British North American Act of 1867, Canada had its own
10. Which country is the biggest trading partner of the United States?
- SCIENCE HELP ASAP! :) - Sabrina, Wednesday, February 19, 2014 at 1:23pm
Do your own "Homework"!
- SCIENCE HELP ASAP! :) - Like_A_Boss, Wednesday, February 19, 2014 at 1:23pm
- SCIENCE HELP ASAP! :) - Sabrina, Wednesday, February 19, 2014 at 1:24pm
Tell ur mommy to check it
- SCIENCE HELP ASAP! :) - Like_A_Boss, Wednesday, February 19, 2014 at 1:36pm
B**** ur just copying what I'm saying!
- SCIENCE HELP ASAP! :) - jakson, Tuesday, January 20, 2015 at 9:25pm
2 is b
- SCIENCE HELP ASAP! :) - rachel, Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 11:17am
5 is a. 7 is d. 10 is a.
- SCIENCE HELP ASAP! :) - Anonymous, Tuesday, February 17, 2015 at 9:28pm
um, hi. I know the answers.
There you go! (:
- SCIENCE HELP ASAP! :) - Like_A_Boss, Tuesday, February 17, 2015 at 9:31pm
I love u anonymous.i love u. give me a call. (kisses screen) bye.hehe
- SCIENCE HELP ASAP! :) - Anonymous, Tuesday, February 17, 2015 at 9:31pm
ooook, that is weird.:O
- SCIENCE HELP ASAP! :) - Like_A_Boss, Tuesday, February 17, 2015 at 10:46pm
Do you ****?
- SCIENCE HELP ASAP! :) - Anonymous, Tuesday, February 17, 2015 at 10:47pm
- SCIENCE HELP ASAP! :) - Anon, Tuesday, February 24, 2015 at 12:08pm
those answers are wrong, I got 40%. Yayy now I'm failing
Answer this Question
history - please check my answer Describe the major territorial advances made by...
Math - In 1800, the area of the United States was 891,364 square miles. After ...
World Geography - REVIEW 1.What natural resource most attracted European traders...
history - Please please check my answers? and correct if needed? Thanks! 1. ...
ss --- pls check my work!!! - help pls asap!!! Who was the backwoodsman who lost...
Social Studies - How did the effort of Daniel Boone and the Louisiana Purchase ...
History - Did Thomas Jefferson overstep his authority in making the Louisiana ...
history /: - The united states developed the open door policy toward china as a ...
Social Studies - 1) From 1892 to 1954, millions of immigrants entered the United...
Soc Stud - Why was the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 necessary? A.The ...