Posted by Brady on Friday, February 14, 2014 at 6:32pm.
Simplify the following number.
I think it is ∛9, but I do not know. Please help, and check my answer. I will appreciate it if you guys can answer this as soon as possible. It is part of a RATIONAL EXPONENTS question.
The original equation was 9^(1/3)∙〖81〗^(1/3). Once I turned both into square roots, I multiplied them, and I got ∛729, which I think simplifies to ∛9. Also, please again answer and check my answer, and answer as soon as possible. I will appreciate it if you do.
Simplify - Steve, Friday, February 14, 2014 at 6:35pm
since 729 = 9^3, you are correct.
Your method was also correct.
81 = 9^2, so
81^(1/3) = (9^2)^(1/3) = 9^(2/3)
9^(1/3) * 9^(2/3) = 9^(3/3) = 9
fractional exponents are just like any others. Add them when multiplying, and multiply them when raising powers to powers.
Simplify - correction - Steve, Friday, February 14, 2014 at 6:36pm
oops, the answer is 9, not ∛9
9 is in fact ∛729
Simplify - Brady, Friday, February 14, 2014 at 6:41pm
Thank you, I just wasn't sure if it needed to be simplified more, or I needed to do it again by doing another way. So, everything leads to 9, I'll remember that.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math I really need help! - Multiply and simplify by factoring. Assumem that all ...
- algebra 2nd try - I need to simplify this 2/∛49 . I figured it out to be (...
- Math Reiny? - Multiply and simplify by factoring. Assume that all expressions ...
- Pre-Calculus 11 - Simplify the following ∛375/4 This is how far I got ...
- Math - ∛(y^13) ∛(16y^14)Multiply and simplify assume all expressions...
- algebra - I am really stuck, can someone please help me with this? Multiply and ...
- Please help! MATH - Multiply and simplify by factoring. Assume that all ...
- Math - Multiply and simplify by factoring. Assume that all expressions under ...
- Math anxiety!!! - Multiply and simplify by factoring. Assume that all ...
- Pre-Calculus 11 - Can you simplify this further? 2∛3 + 5∛3/4 - 12...