Posted by maggie on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 at 5:59pm.
The length of the highway is 500 miles. If 1 inch represents 100 miles, what is the length of the highway on the map?
If on a scale drawing 55 feet are represented by 20 inches, then a scale of 1/8 inch represents how many feet?
If 1 inch represents 55 miles on a map, then how many inches will represent 1800 miles
math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, February 11, 2014 at 6:04pm
500/100 = 5
5 * 1 = 5 inches
I'll be glad to check your answers for the other two problems.
math - maggie, Tuesday, February 11, 2014 at 6:08pm
Thank you for the 2nd one I got
on the 3rd one I got 32.7272
math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, February 11, 2014 at 6:16pm
2. Here's my solution.
55/20 = x/0.125
20x = 6.875
x = 0.34375
math - z, Tuesday, February 2, 2016 at 10:26am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- MATH MS. SUE - 1. The length of a piece of paper is 8.5 inches. Using scissors, ...
- pre-algebra - I need to figure out how to convert 11inches to the actual length ...
- math - hey everyone can you guys please answer these 5 questions or 3 or 2 how ...
- Check this please - Avondale and Newtown are 45 miles apart. How many inches is ...
- math(CHECK ASNWERS) - PLEASE CHECK MY ANWERS THANKS 1.The length of the driveway...
- Math please, please help - Charlotte is planning a trip from her house in City A...
- geometry. - in a scale drawing of a school's floor plan, 6 inches represents 100...
- math - An engineer created a scale drawing of a footbridge. The height of the ...
- MATH - An inch on a map represents 200 miles. On the same map, a distance of 375...
- math - A rectangular playground is 80 feet wide and 100 feet long. Nicole made a...