Posted by Nikko on Tuesday, February 11, 2014 at 8:34am.
Five years ago Rico's age was half of the age he will be in eight years. How old is he now?
- Algebra (Age Problem) - Reiny, Tuesday, February 11, 2014 at 10:08am
present age --- x
age five years ago --- x-5
age five years from now -- x+8
"Five years ago Rico's age was half of the age he will be in eight years"
x-5 = (1/2)(x+8
2x - 10 = x + 8
x = 18
Rico is now 18 yrs old
5 years ago: 13
8 years from now: 26
is 13 equal to 1/2 of 26 ? , YES
- Algebra (Age Problem) - Anonymous, Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 8:48pm
- Algebra (Age Problem) - Anonymous, Wednesday, April 6, 2016 at 3:32am
Maria is 17 years old.
The sum of the ages of Maria and Pearl is 72.
How old is Pearl?
- ACCOUNTANT - Ifeoma, Thursday, July 28, 2016 at 5:16am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Mathematics 3 - Aris is twice as old as Rico while Jay is 24 years younger than ...
- Algebra - Aris is twice as old as Rico while Jay is 24 years younger than Aris. ...
- Mathematics-please help quick!! - Harry is twice as old as Doyle. Doyle's age is...
- math - A. A woman was 30 years old when her daughter was born.Her age is now 6 ...
- Algebra - One half of Heather's age two years from now plus one third of her age...
- math - How old are they? I found this question online. Please help me understand...
- Math - 2 years ago my mother was 4 times my age then. In 18 years I will be half...
- math - Jade's age now is the same as Timmy's five years hence. Timmy's age six ...
- math - A. John is now 10 years older than Marcus. Three times John's age 5 years...
- math - 1. Lisa is 15 years old and her father is 40. How many years ago was the ...