Posted by Jessica on Monday, February 10, 2014 at 10:52pm.
19. You measure how much people are initially attracted to a person of the opposite
sex and how anxious they become during their first date. For the following ratio
data, answer the questions below.
Participant Attraction X Anxiety Y
1 2 8
2 6 14
3 1 5
4 3 8
5 6 10
6 9 15
7 6 8
8 6 8
9 4 7
10 2 6
(a) Compute the statistic that describes the relationship here. (b) Compute the
linear regression equation. (c) What anxiety score do you predict for a person
who has an attraction score of 9? (d) When using this relationship, what is the
“ average” amount of error you should expect in your predictions?
20. (a) For the relationship in question 19, what is the proportion of variance accounted
for? (b) What is the proportion of variance not accounted for? (c) Why or
why not is this a valuable relationship?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- PSYCHOLOGY HELP PLEASE!! - Research on interpersonal attraction has shown that ...
- Statistics in Psychology - A participant in a cognitive psychology study is ...
- psychology - Which of the following statements regarding sex hormones is true? A...
- English/Writing - Explain the point of view for each of the following: A. ...
- Reading - 18. Of the following points of view, which one gives a reader the most...
- psychology - Relationships, similar to people, go through stages of development...
- statistics - A researcher wants to select 6 participants from the following data...
- Psychology Questions - I need help with a couple Psychology questions. 1. For ...
- Psychology - Describe how a person moves through each of the five stages of ...
- English/Writing - Will someone help me with this? Explain the point of view for ...