Posted by love on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 4:40pm.
9. What personality trait does Odysseus reveal when he devises a plan to listen to the Sirens' song and yet escape
destruction? (1 point)
generosity10. Read the following passage from the Odyssey:
Tell me, where was it, now, you left your ship—
around the point, or down the shore, I wonder?
He thought he’d find out, but I saw through this,
and answered with ready lie:
Poseidon Lord, who sets the earth a-tremble,
broke it up on the rocks at your land’s end.
A wind from seaward served him, drove us there.
We are survivors, these good men and I.
From this passage, the reader is most likely to determine that (1 point)
Odysseus is not easily fooled.
the men will escape from the Cyclops’ cave.
the Cyclops is not very intelligent.
the Cyclops plans to keep the men as his prisoners.
11. Read the following passage about Odysseus from Part 2 of the Odyssey:
Now, being a man, I could not help consenting.
So I went down to the sea beach and the ship,
where I found all my other men on board, 120
weeping, in despair along the benches.
Sometimes in farmyards when the cows return
well-fed from pasture to the barn, one sees
the pens give way before the calves in tumult,
breaking through to cluster about their mothers, 125
bumping together, bawling. Just that way
my crew poured round me when they saw me come—
their faces wet with tears as if they saw
their homeland, and the crags of Ithaca,
even the very town where they were born.
What does the epic simile in lines 118–131 illustrate? (1 point)
the importance of home
the bond between crew mates
the loyalty between captain and crew
the love that Odysseus has for his men
12. The fact that Penelope waits 20 years for her husband to return to her illustrates the Odyssey’s theme of
13. Read the following passage from the Odyssey, in which the Cyclops has captured Odysseus and his men:
"You are a ninny,
or else you come from the other end of nowhere,
telling me, mind the gods! We Cyclopes
care not a whistle for your thundering Zeus
or all the gods in bliss; we have more force by far.
I would not let you go for fear of Zeus—
you or your friends—unless I had a whim to.”
From this passage, the reader is most likely to determine that the Cyclops (1 point)
has no intention of letting Odysseus and all of his men go.
plans to eat Odysseus and all of his men.
is very intelligent and is also a trickster.
is more powerful than Zeus or any other god.
14. Odysseus' comment to Telemachus, "This is not princely, to be swept / away by wonder at your father's
presence," implies which of the following about ancient Greek cultural values? (1 point)
People expected that princes would be easily amazed.
People looked up to princes as men of imagination.
Princes commonly believed in miracles.
Princes were not expected to display emotion.
15. In which of the following plot events does Odysseus not use his cleverness to advance the plot in the Odyssey?
Odysseus lies about his name to the Cyclops.
Odysseus enters the archery contest.
Odysseus asks Circe's advice.
Odysseus escapes the Sirens.
16. Read the following hyperbole from Orpheus and Eurydice:“Rivers stopped flowing along the banks so that they could hear Orpheus, whose music was more harmonious than
What is the most likely reason that the author included this hyperbole? (1 point)
to emphasize the power of Orpheus’ music
to compare Orpheus’ music to music found in nature
to explain that Orpheus’ music can literally stop rivers from flowing
to foreshadow future plot events so that readers can make predictions
17. Read the following quote from Orpheus and Eurydice:
"No other mortal had broached it once, and certainly he was not going to get a second chance."
What does this quote show? (1 point)
the limitations of the power of Orpheus's music
the love that Orpheus has for Eurydice
the grief that Orpheus experiences
the desire that Orpheus has for Eurydice
check my anwsers
- english - Lexi, Thursday, January 29, 2015 at 1:23pm
Were your answers correct?
- english - dfdfssd, Wednesday, February 11, 2015 at 3:27pm
@love are these correct??
- english - AJ, Monday, February 23, 2015 at 4:21pm
I'm doing the test now if you still need answers.
- english - AJ, Monday, February 23, 2015 at 4:25pm
9 - C.
10 - C. Not sure about this one.
11 - C.
12 - C.
13 - A. Not sure about this one either.
14 - D.
15 - C.
16 - A.
17 - A.
I'm pretty sure most of these are right.
- english - Lila H, Tuesday, January 26, 2016 at 12:31pm
Are those answer correct because i am doing the test let me know if those are correct i have two other questions number 6 and 8 please help me
- english - HHHH, Thursday, February 4, 2016 at 12:15am
were those right
- english - Frerard is real, Friday, February 5, 2016 at 3:10pm
I find it hilarious how literally all of y'all just took the honor code and went "Screw it". But same. Were they right? XD I know i'm a terrible person.
- english - Frerard is real, Friday, February 5, 2016 at 3:36pm
I'm solving this problem right now. Here's the correct answers. I just took the test. Enjoy. Ugh.
these next ones (4-8) are just mine but they are probs correct because It's what these words mean so. YW.
Your welcome you filthy animals. But same.
- english - Halie, Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 1:24pm
CONNECTIONS ACADEMY CHEATER NO
Are the correct answers guys!!!! I TOOK THE TEST AND IT GAVE ME ALL THE RIGHT ANSWERS AFTERWARDS CONNECTIONS ACADEMY CHEATER DIDN'T GIVE THE RIGHT ANSWERS FOR MOST OF THESE
- english - Harley, Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 1:25pm
Can anyone confirm who is right?
- english - Alpha-kewl-DA, Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 1:06pm
HAlie answers wrong, connection's cheater's are right
- english - hi, Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 3:24am
- English - ??????, Friday, March 4, 2016 at 7:58pm
All of you are actually wrong and I was confident in all my answers and I don't know why I changed it because you losers claim your right.
Here are all of the exact answers.
1. moving swiftly
4. not graded yet
5. not graded yet
6. not graded yet
7. not graded yet
9. his skills as a marksman
10. is grateful that her husband has returned
11. the bond between captain and crew
13. warning Odysseus about the sirens
14. Princes were not expected to display emotion
15. She does not marry one of the suitors.
16. Cerberus dropped his three heads low..........
17. It shows the powerful nature or Orpheus music.
18. Essay "sorry can't give that one."
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - 9. What personality trait does Odysseus reveal when he devises a plan ...
- english (check my work) - 9. What personality trait does Odysseus reveal when he...
- English :) - Odysseus alone will listen o the Serens song because he : A: wants ...
- English - Read the following passage from the Odyssey: Square in your ship's ...
- English - In the Odyssey, which personality trait does Odysseus reveal when he ...
- English- Anyone who has read The Odyssey - What is the effect of the epic simile...
- English - What is the effect of the epic simile in lines 118-131 of the excerpt ...
- English check - Read the following passage from the Odyssey: Tell me, where was ...
- language arts - Read the following passage from the Odyssey, in which the ...
- English - 1.In The Odyssey, what prophecy of Teiresias and Circe does Odysseus ...