Posted by Nicole M on Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 5:43pm.
2. According to the continental drift theory, which of the following land regions should show the greatest similarities in fossil types? (1 point)
A) east coast of South America and west coast of Africa
B) east coast of South and west coast of South America
C) northern coast of South America and southern coast of Eurasia
D) northern coast of Africa and southern coast of South America
8. Which abiotic factor is essential to all aquatic ecosystems except ocean hydrothermal vents, and why? (1 point)
A) phytoplankton, because it provides a source of food
B) salt, because it provides a source of minerals
C) deep water, because it provides the necessary environment for organisms to move about***
D) sunlight, because it provides a source of energy
10. A plant native to a desert in the Southwest U.S. is transplanted to the tundra region. The plant dies a few weeks after being moved. Which of the following factors in its new location could have been critical to its inability to survive the move? (1 point)
B) amount of shade
C) water availability
D) carbon dioxide availability
(I honestly have no idea about #2)
- Science - Anonymous, Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 5:49pm
It is A- no. 2. Have you noticed how South America and Africa fit together like two pieces of a puzzle?
- Science - Nicole M, Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 5:51pm
Thanks. Are the rest of my answers correct?
- Science - Anonymous, Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 5:51pm
10 is right, I don't know about 8.
- Science - Nicole M, Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 5:52pm
Ok thank you so much! That was very helpful about #2...
- Science - Anonymous, Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 5:53pm
- Science - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at 5:58pm
Seventy years ago when I was in 6th grade, I noticed how Africa and South America looked as though they fit together. I was delighted when Wegener's theory of continental drift as accepted as it confirmed my childhood guess,
- Science - Amy, Thursday, November 13, 2014 at 12:12am
8. is D
Answer this Question
- Science - According to the continental drift theory, which of the following land...
- The continental drift theory - Explain how the following pieces of evidence ...
- Science - Waste produced by people in New York State has been dumped into the ...
- social studies- geography - 75% of the active volcanoes are found along the west...
- Earth Science - Using the plate tectonic theory explain the differences between ...
- geography - Can you check my answers please? 1. What Russian peninsula is ...
- science - What is the velocity of a car traveling from the east coast to the ...
- science - How might the history of the US be different if the first European ...
- 5th grade science - How might the history of the US be different if the first ...
- 5th grade science - How might the history of the United states be different if ...