Posted by Mason on Monday, February 3, 2014 at 9:32pm.
An object at rest accelerates through a distance of 1.5 m at which point the instantaneous velocity of the object is 3.5m/s. Determine:
a. The average acceleration of the object
b. The time it took the object to travel 1.5m
c. The average velocity of the object during this period of motion
I saw this question was posted below, but not answered yet. I was also curious on how to do it. Thanks for the help!
- Physics - Damon, Monday, February 3, 2014 at 9:39pm
a = change in velocity /change in time
what is t?
average speed is (3.5 + 0)/2 = 1.75 (that is part c)
1.75 t = 1.5 meters
t = .857 second (that is part b)
a = 3.5 / .857 = 4.08 m/s^2 ( part a)
when acceleration is constant, average speed during acceleration is (initial speed + end speed) /2
which saves a lot of computation
- Physics - bobpursley, Monday, February 3, 2014 at 9:39pm
vf^2=2ad solve for a.
b. vf=at solve for t
c. avg velocity= distance/time
- Physics - Mason, Monday, February 3, 2014 at 9:45pm
You guys are the best ....thank you
- Physics - Damon, Monday, February 3, 2014 at 9:49pm
You are welcome :)
Answer this Question
- Physics - An object at rest accelerates through a distance of 1.5 m at which ...
- physics - Question: Object A is moving at a maximum speed of 6m/s towards Object...
- Terminal Velocity - How can u determine that a falling object has reached ...
- Physics - An object is observed for a 5 second interval. During this time, the ...
- Physics 221 - An object starts from rest at the origin and moves along the x ...
- Physics - (a) At a certain instant, a particle-like object is acted on by a ...
- Physics - At a certain instant, a particle-like object is acted on by a force F...
- physics - (a)At a certain instant, a particle-like object is acted on by a force...
- Math - The location of an object on the x-axis at time t seconds is given by x(t...
- physics - Which one of the following statements about an object performing ...