Posted by Laura Khoshaba (Me and I) on Monday, February 3, 2014 at 3:46pm.
I think I chose the correct answer.
In a closed system, two carts have a compressed spring between them. One of the carts has a total mass, including its contents, of 2.0 kg, and the other has total mass of 1.0 kg. Which cart experiences the momentum change of greater magnitude after the spring is released to push them apart?
The 1.0 kg cart has the greatest change in momentum.
The 2.0 kg cart has the greatest change in momentum.
Each has a momentum change of the same nonzero magnitude. <------
Each has zero momentum change.
Physics - Damon, Monday, February 3, 2014 at 3:48pm
total momentum before = 0
total momentum after = 0
m v + M V = 0
of course the little one has higher VEOLICIY but equal and opposite momentum
Physics - Laura Khoshaba (Me and I), Monday, February 3, 2014 at 3:53pm
OK, thanks for the help :)
Physics - Damon, Monday, February 3, 2014 at 3:54pm
You are welcome :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - Am I correct? Two carts have a compressed spring between them and are ...
- physics - A 1.o kg cart A and 2.0 kg cart B are at rest on a frictionless table...
- physics - The drawing below shows two laboratory carts (each has a mass of 1.0 ...
- physics - two air carts of mass m1=0.84kg and m2=0.42kg are placed on a ...
- Physics - Three dynamics carts have force sensors placed on top of them.(cart 1...
- Physics - As shown in the figure below, we have three air carts (labeled #1, #2...
- physics - We have two carts moving towards each other at different speeds ...
- Physics - W have three air carts (labeled #1, #2, and #3) on an air track. The ...
- physics - Two air-track carts are sliding to the right at 1.0 m/s and held ...
- Physical Science - Two carts ( a's mass = 4.5 kg and b's mass = 1.5 kg) are held...