Posted by Jonathan on .
1. Aquaculture is the practice of farming sea organisms as a renewable food source.
2. Selectively cutting down trees on an area of land can be best described as
A. cutting down certain trees while leaving other trees standing
B. cutting down all of the trees and smaller plants
C. Cutting down none of the trees on the land.
D. cutting down all of the trees while leaving all other plants standing
3. Using coal for fuel releases pollution into the atmosphere. Why do people continue to use coal if it causes pollution?
A. Using more coal reduces the amount of pollution from using oil
B. Using coal is relatively inexpensive.
C. Mining coal helps scientist uncover fossils
D. Using coal, instead of wood from trees, helps conserve trees
4. Which of the following is not a nonrenewable resource?
5. The process of desertification can occur when
A. plants usually found in the desert replace trees that have been cut down
B. farmers use contour farming techniques
C.an area of forest is clear-cut
D.an area of forest is selectively cut
6. Renewable resources are considered better for the environment because
A. they are less expensive to harness
B. once they are harnessed, they can be replaced
C. they do not cause any pollution
D. using renewable resources encourages people to plant more trees
7. Which of the following statements describes the conservation of a natural resource?
A.A factory burns coal to run its machines
B.A solar energy company harvests energy from sunlight
C. Lights in a house are turned off when not in use
D.A wind Energy Company covers a hillside with wind turbines.
8. Which of the following is not a goal of the Clean Water Act?
A. controlling water pollution from point sources
B. encouraging voluntary cooperation by citizens related to non-point sources of pollution
C. educating citizens about the importance of reducing pollution
D. allowing businesses to release industrial wastes into rivers