math ms sue please help, PLEASE!!!!
posted by math help on .
bailey uses the results from an experiment to calculate the probability of each color of block being chosen from a bucket. he says P(red)=35%, P(blue)=45%, and P(yellow)=20%. jarod uses theoretical probability because he knows how many of each color block is in the bucket. he says P(red)=45%, P(blue)=35%, and P(yellow)=20%. on bailey's turn, he predicts blue. on jarod's turn, he predicts red. neither boy makes the right prediction.
did the boys make reasonable prediction based on their own probabilities? explain
did they do something wrong with their calculations? explain.
I'm basically a middle school English and social studies teacher.
The last math course I took was in high school over 60 years ago.
oh. do you know anyone else who can help me? if so, please get them to help me!!!