Posted by TTR+S<3 on Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 1:22pm.
help pls asap!!!!! check my answers!!!
4.) A certain object has a volume of 25.0 mL and a mass of 100g. What is the density of the object?
d) 2500 g/mL
5.)Which of the following is a chemical property of aluminum?
a)The melting point of aluminum is 660ºC
b)The boiling point of aluminum is 2219ºC
c)Aluminum does not dissolve in water.
d)Aluminum reacts with oxygen***
6.)Table salt has the chemical formula NaCl. Table sugar has the chemical formula C12 H22 O11. Which of the following is true?
a) Both compounds are held together by chemical bonds.***
b) Both compounds have the same density.
c) Both compounds react with water.
d) Both compounds contain the element carbon.
7.) Kelly needs to separate a mixture of sand ans sawdust. She tried using tweezers to pick out the pieces of sawdust, but that didn't work. Her grandfather suggested she use water. how will water help Kelly separate the mixture?
a) The sand will dissolve in water, but the sawdust will not.
b) The sand will react with water, but the sawdust will not.
c) The sand will sink in water, but the sawdust will float in water.***
d) The sand will float in water, but the sawdust will sink in water.
8.) Which of the following is a pure substance? Choose all that apply
a) fruit juice
b) nickel (Ni)***
d) rust (Fe2 O3)***
9.) A student combined water, sugar, and salt in a beaker. Which of the following statements true.
a) The individual substances can be separated by physical means.***
b) The individual substances cannot be separated by physical means.
c) A new substance is made of two or more elements chemically combined.
d) A new substance is made containing atoms that have been rearranged.
10.) A mixture of sugar and water can be separated by _________________. Choose all that apply (2 points)
a) using a magnet
b) boiling the mixture
c) evaporating the mixture***
d) using a filter
pls help asap!!!
- science --- check my answers! - Steve, Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 1:50pm
all looks good. Maybe #10 could also check (B), since boiling would drive off the water even faster than just evaporation.
- science --- check my answers! - TTR+S<3, Thursday, January 30, 2014 at 1:54pm
omg, yes!!! Thank you so much Steve!!!!!:)
- science --- check my answers! - Anonymous, Thursday, January 29, 2015 at 4:33pm
- science --- check my answers! - Leameh, Tuesday, April 21, 2015 at 7:21pm
The mass of is shirt is what
- science --- check my answers! - Anonymous, Wednesday, September 9, 2015 at 4:27pm
When you never know, know, when you never know.
- science --- check my answers! - Anonymous, Wednesday, September 9, 2015 at 4:29pm
Hey you, cheater, get a move on and study.
- science --- check my answers! - johana, Monday, October 12, 2015 at 12:38pm
- science --- check my answers! - secretivde , Friday, February 12, 2016 at 9:37pm
the answers to number 10) is used filter paper using the one you chose will also evaporate the sugar because sugar dissolves in water
- science - A Computer User, Monday, February 29, 2016 at 4:43pm
Number 4 is 4.00 g/ml
number 1 is= "its weight would decrease"
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Science~! - What would happen to a object if the force of gravity on earth was ...
- Physics Fluids - When a crown of mass 14.7 kg is submerged in water, an accurate...
- science - Calculate Density of Object. Mass of object 34g (picture of 2 G.C's ...
- Science 8R - Homework Qs. Check - If an object has mass of 70.5g and a volume ...
- Science - Please help !!! A student wanted to determine the density of an object...
- Science - A certain object has a volume of 25.0 mL and a mass of 100 g. What is ...
- computers (Check) - Will someone please check my C++ for me? 1. What does the ...
- Physical Science - Object A has a mass of 500g and a density of 5.0g/cm^3; ...
- Science ASAP please - 1. Which of the following is an example of density? (1 ...
- science pls help - i posted this earlier but got a confusing answer so pls help ...