Posted by Annabelle on Sunday, January 26, 2014 at 5:29pm.
hey everyone can you guys please answer these 5 questions or 3 or 2 how many you want to answer I just need answers for these last 5 since I did the rest and thanks to you all because I do appreciate this.
1.The length of the driveway shown on a blueprint is 2 inches. If the actual length of the driveway is 20 feet, what is the scale of the blueprint?
1 in. = 1 ft
1 in. = 2 ft
1 in. = 10 ft
1 in. = 40 ft
2.Marcus built a model car that is 4 inches wide. What scale was used to build the car if the actual width of the car is 6 feet?
1 in. = 2 ft
1 in. = 2.5 ft
1 in. = 1.5 ft
1 ft = 1.5 in.
3.You use a scale of 1 inch = 5 ft to make a drawing of your garden. If the actual garden is 25 ft wide how wide is your drawing?
4.The scale on a map of the United States is 1 cm = 40 mi. If the distance between Albany, NY and Chicago, IL, on the map is 21 cm, what is the actual distance between the cities?
5. India made a scale drawing of her bedroom using a scale of 1 cm = 6 inches. What is the height of the drawing of her bookcase if it is actually 24 inches tall?
- math - Steve, Sunday, January 26, 2014 at 5:34pm
Just multiply or divide both sides of the equation to get the scaled value you want:
2 in = 20 ft
1 in = 10 ft
4 in = 6 ft
1 in = 1.5 ft
5 ft = 1 in
25 ft = 5 in
1 cm = 40 mi
21 cm = 840 mi
6 in = 1 cm
24 in = 4 cm
- math - Anonymous, Sunday, January 26, 2014 at 5:37pm
1. 1 in = 10 ft
2. 1 in = 1.5 ft
3. 5 in
5. 4 cm
- math - shopea, Monday, February 2, 2015 at 2:57pm
Can someone plz tell me the answer thank you.
- math - lile, Monday, February 2, 2015 at 3:00pm
No find out your self!
- math - shopea, Monday, February 2, 2015 at 3:01pm
Answer this Question
- General - Please understand that I am not upset with anyone or whatever I just ...
- math - Hi I need help with 5 questions..some of it is confusing to me. I just ...
- Foundations of Behavior - Compare and Contrast these words, Structuralism, ...
- Chemistry - Hey guys, been a long time since I have done this. Please show your ...
- Math - 10 multiple choice questions each with three possible answers only one of...
- Math Word Problem - Hey guys, I believe the answer is $0.96 I just don't know if...
- Math: law of exponents check answers - I know that anything to the power of 0 is...
- Pencils - Hey guys, I know this is a homework site, but I cant seem to find this...
- English - Hey guys, I was just wondering if you could help me find or explain ...
- Statistics - Hey everyone! For my Math Class I need a tally of EVERYONE from the...