Posted by Cassie on Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 2:52pm.
which cannot be represented by a linear function?
A. The area of a square, given its side length
B. the price of fruit, given the weight of the fruit
C. The number of steps on a ladder, given the height
D. The number of inches,given the number of yards
I think it is C.
Algebra 1 - Kitty, Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 2:54pm
Yeah C is the answer!
Algebra 1 - Cassie, Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 2:56pm
Algebra 1 - Kitty, Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 2:56pm
Your welcome ^.^
Algebra 1 - Damon, Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 4:56pm
A = length^2
quadratic, not linear
Algebra 1 - Damon, Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 4:58pm
so A, area of square, is NOT linear in length of side
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math Homework - 1) Given the side of a square pyramid is 6cm and the altitude is...
- Algebra 2 - Given the area of the figure, find its perimeter to the nearest ...
- Pre-Calculus - Composition of Functions f o g(x)=f(g(x)) --> I know that this...
- college algebra - The area of a rectangular swimming pool is given by 4x^2+19x+...
- math - i have trouble finding the answer to this and how to srt. there is a ...
- algebra - The area of a rectangular swimming pool is given by 4x^2+19x+12ft^2....
- Algebra I - The area of a rectangular swimming pool is given by 5x^2-31x-28ft^2...
- maths - people of sundergram planted a total of 102 trees in the village garden ...
- algebra - The length of the side of a rectagular desk is given by 9x-2y cm. The ...
- math - Scientists randomly caught 30 fruit bats at an orchard. They tagged the ...