Posted by Alex on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 at 7:57pm.
The Tigers won twice as many football games as they lost.They played 96 games. How many games did they win?
- Algebra 1 - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, January 22, 2014 at 8:07pm
x 2x = 96
x = 32
They lost 32 games.
- Algebra 1 - Chelle, Wednesday, January 22, 2014 at 8:14pm
x = games won
y = games lost
Write two equations:
x + y = 96
x = 2y
Substitute the second equation into the first equation:
2y + y = 96
3y = 96
3y/3 = 96/3
y = 32
Solve for x. Put y value in either equation:
x = 2(32)
x = 64
- Algebra 1 - Reiny, Wednesday, January 22, 2014 at 8:23pm
Ratio of win : lost = 2 : 1 = 2x : x
2x+x = 96
3x = 96
x = 32
won = 2x = 64
lost = x = 32
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - the tigers played 20 baseball games during the summer. they won 4 more ...
- algebra 2 - Define a variable and write an inequality. Then solve. A local ...
- MAT101 - During 1998-1999 Little League season, the Tigers played 52 games. They...
- 5th Grade Math - Keith played some games of chess at a tournament. He recorded ...
- University of Rhode Island - A soccer team played 18 games during the season. ...
- Math (Ratios and Similar Polygons) - a baseball team played 140 regular season ...
- ALGEBRA 2 - HELP the bulldogs won twice as many games as they lost. if yhey ...
- algebra - Jennifer's basketball team played 18 games this season, and they won ...
- beginning algebra - the rays won 33 fewer games than twice as many games as they...
- equation - n represent the number of games lost, write an equation for: a) A ...