Posted by mtv on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 at 7:01pm.
1. Under which of the following conditions would a fossil most likely form?
A. A living thing dies and sediment is very slowly deposited on top of its body.
B. A living thing dies and sediment quickly covers its body.****
C. A living thing dies and its skeleton is left exposed to the elements.
D. A living thing dies and a radioactive element breaks down its body.
2. If you were looking for an example of a trace fossil, for which of the following might you search?
A. footprints and trails*****
B. a whole body preserved in rock
C. dinosaur teeth
D. a hardened mineral sample
3. What does the law of superposition tell about the relative ages of rocks?
A. that the deeper you go into rock layers, the older the rocks are
B. that the deeper you go into rock layers, the younger the rocks are
C. that the oldest rock layer is always on top
D. that the oldest rock layer is always undisturbed
4. After a rock layer is eroded, which additional event must occur to create an unconformity, or a gap in the geologic record?
A. an earthquake or motion along a fault
B. new deposits of sediment must build up on the eroded area
C. folding of sedimentary rock layers***
D. a volcanic eruption
5. Radioactive decay occurs when atoms (1 point)
A. lose mass.
B. join with atoms of another element.
C. break down to form atoms of another element.***
D. are exposed to chemical weathering.
6. If you wanted to consult the geologic time scale for when the first vertebrates evolved, where would you look? (1 point)
A. in the section for the Ordovician period of the Paleozoic era
B. in the section for the Quaternary period of the Cenozoic era
C. in the section for the Triassic period of the Mesozoic era
D. in the section for Precambrian time
7. Earth’s atmosphere, oceans, and continents began to form during the first several hundred million years of (1 point)
A. Precambrian time.
B. the Paleozoic era.
C. the Mesozoic era.
D. the Cenozoic era.
8. During the Devonian period, animals that could live on land began to evolve. These animals still spent part of their lives in the water. What were these animals called? (1 point)
9. Which of the following events occurred during the Mesozoic era?
A. Dinosaurs became common on land.***
B. Whales and dolphins evolved in the oceans.
C. Flowering plants flourished.
D. The supercontinent Pangaea formed.
10. Which of the following vertebrates had the chance to become abundant after the dinosaurs became extinct? (1 point)
A. woolly mammoths
11. Which of the following organisms is not extinct?
A. the dodo bird
B. the saber-toothed tiger
C. the saltwater crocodile******
D. the woolly mammoth
- 8th CCA Science - bruh, Monday, November 17, 2014 at 1:30pm
- 8th CCA Science - tenesha, Wednesday, December 3, 2014 at 9:52am
i need help again
Answer this Question
Science question? - 1. Under which of the following conditions would a fossil ...
Science - Under which of the following conditions would a fossil most likely ...
Science. - 1. Under which of the following conditions would a fossil most likely...
earth - Which of the following illustrates the formation of a delta? A)Sediment ...
Earth Sci - A cobble-sized sediment is naturally broken off the steep sides of a...
Science - 1. How does groundwater cause erosion and deposition? a. When acidic ...
Science - A desert would most likely form on the leeward side of a mountain. ...
Science - Study the image of the fossil shown below. How might a scientist use ...
Science-Ms.Sue - Suppose some natural disaster occurs and a species of finch is ...
Science!!!! - 1. Which of the following gases was most likely present in Earth's...