Posted by mtv on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 at 7:01pm.
1. Under which of the following conditions would a fossil most likely form?
A. A living thing dies and sediment is very slowly deposited on top of its body.
B. A living thing dies and sediment quickly covers its body.****
C. A living thing dies and its skeleton is left exposed to the elements.
D. A living thing dies and a radioactive element breaks down its body.
2. If you were looking for an example of a trace fossil, for which of the following might you search?
A. footprints and trails*****
B. a whole body preserved in rock
C. dinosaur teeth
D. a hardened mineral sample
3. What does the law of superposition tell about the relative ages of rocks?
A. that the deeper you go into rock layers, the older the rocks are
B. that the deeper you go into rock layers, the younger the rocks are
C. that the oldest rock layer is always on top
D. that the oldest rock layer is always undisturbed
4. After a rock layer is eroded, which additional event must occur to create an unconformity, or a gap in the geologic record?
A. an earthquake or motion along a fault
B. new deposits of sediment must build up on the eroded area
C. folding of sedimentary rock layers***
D. a volcanic eruption
5. Radioactive decay occurs when atoms (1 point)
A. lose mass.
B. join with atoms of another element.
C. break down to form atoms of another element.***
D. are exposed to chemical weathering.
6. If you wanted to consult the geologic time scale for when the first vertebrates evolved, where would you look? (1 point)
A. in the section for the Ordovician period of the Paleozoic era
B. in the section for the Quaternary period of the Cenozoic era
C. in the section for the Triassic period of the Mesozoic era
D. in the section for Precambrian time
7. Earth’s atmosphere, oceans, and continents began to form during the first several hundred million years of (1 point)
A. Precambrian time.
B. the Paleozoic era.
C. the Mesozoic era.
D. the Cenozoic era.
8. During the Devonian period, animals that could live on land began to evolve. These animals still spent part of their lives in the water. What were these animals called? (1 point)
9. Which of the following events occurred during the Mesozoic era?
A. Dinosaurs became common on land.***
B. Whales and dolphins evolved in the oceans.
C. Flowering plants flourished.
D. The supercontinent Pangaea formed.
10. Which of the following vertebrates had the chance to become abundant after the dinosaurs became extinct? (1 point)
A. woolly mammoths
11. Which of the following organisms is not extinct?
A. the dodo bird
B. the saber-toothed tiger
C. the saltwater crocodile******
D. the woolly mammoth
- 8th CCA Science - bruh, Monday, November 17, 2014 at 1:30pm
- 8th CCA Science - tenesha, Wednesday, December 3, 2014 at 9:52am
i need help again
- 8th CCA Science - Sarah, Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 4:21pm
2 is definitely A. Because a trace fossil is a type of fossil that provides evidence of the activities of ancient organisms.
- 8th CCA Science - Sarah, Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 4:55pm
11 is definitely Saltwater Crocodile.
- 8th CCA Science - Ms. Sue you in the court of law, Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 1:41pm
cheaters cheaters all of you
- 8th CCA Science - Random Name, Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 11:58pm
Ms. Sue you in the court of law, if you believe we are all cheaters would you care to elaborate on why you're on here looking at these questions?
- 8th CCA Science - basketball&batman, Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 10:00am
thank you, Random Name, people like Ms. Sue you in the court of law need to stfu
- 8th CCA Science - Ms Sue court of law needs to stfu, Friday, April 24, 2015 at 12:20pm
- 8th CCA Science - Bleh, Monday, April 27, 2015 at 7:34am
Look, people like Ms. Sue are here to help you, not give you all the answers to the quiz. Before you judge the way she's helping, maybe you should go back and get a life and learn. So in the end, Ms. Sue isn't stupid; you are.
- 8th CCA Science - basketball&batman, Monday, April 27, 2015 at 9:56am
hey douchebag, or Bleh, that's NOT MS. SUE!
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Science question? - 1. Under which of the following conditions would a fossil ...
- Science - Under which of the following conditions would a fossil most likely ...
- Science. - 1. Under which of the following conditions would a fossil most likely...
- science - 1. Under which of the following conditions would a fossil most likely ...
- science - Characteristics of Living Organisms Ten characteristics distinguish an...
- earth - Which of the following illustrates the formation of a delta? A)Sediment ...
- Earth Sci - A cobble-sized sediment is naturally broken off the steep sides of a...
- Science - Study the image of the fossil shown below. How might a scientist use ...
- Plz help me. - Which of the following explains why your body may contain a ...
- Science-Ms.Sue - Suppose some natural disaster occurs and a species of finch is ...