Posted by josh on Wednesday, January 22, 2014 at 6:44pm.
1. Which of Earth's spheres contains mountains, valleys, and other landscapes? (1 point)
2. Which of the following are examples of destructive forces? (1 point)
both ice and wind
neither ice nor wind
3. Earth appears to be mostly blue when viewed from space because it is mostly covered by (1 point)
4. Which of the following keeps Earth from falling into the sun? (1 point)
its size relative to its shape
its location in the solar system
its gravitational pull
5. Which of the following causes day and night? (1 point)
the changing seasons
the revolving Earth
the rotating Earth
the evolving sun
6. One revolution of Earth around the sun takes (1 point)
7. Which of the following geographic locations is least affected by seasons? (1 point)
the Northern Hemisphere
the Southern Hemisphere
8. The phase of the moon you see depends on which of the following? (1 point)
where you are on Earth’s surface
how much of the sunlit side of the moon faces Earth
how much of the moon’s surface is lit by the sun
whether or not an eclipse is occurring
9. Which of the following causes an eclipse? (1 point)
when an object in space comes between the sun and a third object
when an object in space comes between the moon and Earth
when a meteorite hits Earth
when a large cloud passes over the sun
10. Which of the following greatly contributes to the cause of tides? (1 point)
Earth’s rotation on its axis, which causes water to move
strong winds blowing water onto coasts
differences in how much the sun pulls on different part of Earth
differences in how much the moon and the sun pull on different parts of Earth
11. For a solar eclipse to occur, the sun must be positioned between Earth and the moon. (1 point)
12. The force of gravity between two objects decreases as the distance between the two objects increases. (1 point)
Answer this Question
science - which of earths spheres contains mountains,valleys , and other ...
please help me!! with this science!!!!! - Multiple Choice 1. Which sphere of the...
6th Grade Science - Help - Which of Earth's spheres has the most mass? 1. ...
science - which of earths spheres contains most of is mass ? a) atmosphere b) ...
SCIENCE - 1. which of earth’s spheres contain most of its mass? A. atmosphere b...
Earth Space - Which branches of earth science would the hydrosphere interact ...
earth - How do Plate tectonics affect the Atmosphere, Hydrosphere, Geosphere, ...
Geographyand socity - 1. _______________________ is the science of predicting ...
science - which of earth's spheres extends into all others? i think it would be ...
geology(science) does this sound ok? - write a 200-300 word description of how ...