Posted by Maggie on Tuesday, January 21, 2014 at 11:08am.
Can someone please check my answers? :)
1. What was the greatest threat to a slave family’s stability? (1 point)
the birth of a new baby
an increase in cotton production ***
a marriage in the slaveholder’s family
the slaveholder’s acquisition of new slaves
2. Which of the following best describes the connection between the South Carolina economy and slavery? (1 point)
Southerners built their livelihood around plantations and cotton.***
South Carolina lacked a workforce to complete all tasks found on a plantation.
Plantation owners did not have the money to pay full-time employees.
The growth of industry in the South required additional workers.
3. What happened as a result of the slave uprisings? (1 point)
A large number of slaves got their freedom.
A large number of people who were against slavery became less vocal.
The leaders of the slave uprisings became important and powerful political figures.
The number of slaves who were permitted to immigrate into the United States was reduced.***
4. What type of work did a slave typically not perform? (1 point)
- History - Shawn, Tuesday, January 21, 2014 at 11:55am
Maggie, First Answer Is Wrong It's a marriage in the slaveholder’s family
- History - Shawn, Tuesday, January 21, 2014 at 11:56am
The Rest is right, Tell me what you get :)
- History - Shawn, Tuesday, January 21, 2014 at 12:09pm
3. B Also
- History - Deandra, Thursday, January 14, 2016 at 11:41am
just took it
- History - Ink, Thursday, January 14, 2016 at 2:20pm
Deandra is right
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- SOCIAL STUDIES 7 GRADE - 1. Which group made up the majority of white ...
- history - 1) Which group made up the majority of white Southerners? Planters ...
- History - 3.)Which answer best explains the effect of the invention of the ...
- History - 4.)Which answer best describes how the cotton gin changed cotton ...
- History - Can someone please check my answers and help me correct them if they ...
- History - Between 1935 and 1975, a period that included Worl War II, the birth ...
- Calc - The temperature at any point in the plane is given by the function T(x,y...
- US History and Constition - 1. Eli Whitney intended his cotton gin to help ...
- Ms. Sue Please Check My Answers! - 1. During the early 1800s, what did New ...
- american history - The cotton gin resulted in: The death of slavery A slight ...