Posted by Greggor on Wednesday, January 15, 2014 at 1:30am.
Use this excerpt from a statement of the Iconoclastic Council to answer the following question:
“Supported by the Holy Scriptures … we declare unanimously, in the name of the Holy Trinity, that there shall be rejected and removed and cursed one of the Christian Church every likeness which is made out of any material and colour whatever by the evil art of painters.”
Which of the following likely agreed with the beliefs expressed in this statement?
The byzantine orthodox Church
the Roman Catholic church
History - Writeacher, Wednesday, January 15, 2014 at 7:47am
Someone here will be happy to check your answer for you.
History - whatever, Saturday, January 18, 2014 at 10:34am
The answer is not muslims. I'm sure of that. And I don't think that yhe answer is The Byzantine Orthodox Church. I believe that the answer is The Roman Catholic Church.
History - Anonymous, Sunday, September 27, 2015 at 1:24pm
History - Anonymous, Thursday, October 29, 2015 at 6:11pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Social studies - Sense someone keeps deleting it 2 Why did the judges accuse ...
- English - This temple is the holy of holies to many people. (What is the part of...
- English - Explain the problems with this statement. Antigone said: "But I will ...
- religion - God the Farther, the Son and the Holy Spirt together are called the...
- history - Use the excerpt to answer the following question: "And so as it were ...
- History - Which group felt that Peter's reforms to the Russian Orthodox Church ...
- social studies - Why did pilgrims travel? a. to fight a holy war b. to organize ...
- Social Studies - What religion claims Jaffa as a holy city Muslim How many sites...
- S.S. - 1. For centuries, Arab Muslims had generally welcomed Christian pilgrims ...
- Social Studies - 1. For centuries, Arab Muslims had generally welcomed Christian...